Signs of the Zodiac
The Zodiac does not represent a map of the sky and its constellations, nor does it represent some esoteric ancient divination system, it is a symbolic representation of the types of activity one can find in the Method used for the Great Work.
Literally translated it means Zoe [life] and Diakos [wheel] – life’s wheel, but it might be better to think of it as a generic method.
It is a set of activities that can apply at the level of a vast increment of evolution, a smaller change to the planet, to a nation, to a culture, to a business, to a tribe, to a person or even to one activity of a person.
In almost every land and age, the zodiac's characteristics are the same – a circular form, 12 subdivisions with their signs and their relationship with the 7 planets. Egypt, Judea, Persia, India, Tibet, China, America, Greece and Northern Europe all knew zodiacal symbolism.
The existence of a truly systematic understanding of Zodiacal symbolism can be placed around 2,800 BC [2,750BC King Sargon of Agade].
- Symbols – are used to describe metaphysical truths, concepts and ideas that have no physical existence because they are spiritual in nature
- The types of activity in the Great Work – In order to evolve the universe, create and destroy it, maintain and evolve it, there are a number of types of task needed as well as actual tasks. As we are part of this plan, we are involved in co-designing, co-leading, co-educating and communicating and so on.
- Types of task and their symbols – the types of task have been given symbols and are then known as The Signs of the Zodiac. There are 12 because there are 12 types of task. The signs are free of anything astronomical, they are simply descriptions of what the type of task involves. The Symbolic Names of the Signs is constant, however, any number of pictorial representations are possible for any one named sign.
- Constellations - are patterns of stars in the sky that have been chosen to map with the metaphysical Symbols. So for example a Chariot is a symbol and a pattern of stars have been chosen to represent that symbol. Once the mapping of pattern to symbol has been made, people have drawn any number of imaginative diagrams and pictures to help recognition. One unique pattern , one symbol, but multiple possible pictures
- The ecliptic - - is the astronomical circle that tracks the Sun's annual interaction with the Earth. This line appears to travel over a number of constellations. If the ancients had identified 54 constellations on the ecliptic, all with names THERE ARE NOT 54 Signs of the Zodiac. Because the Signs of the Zodiac are not constellations.
- Signs of Zodiac to constellation mapping - The Signs of the Zodiac have been mapped to some of the possible constellations. The mapping has been based on the observations of the ancients who observed that the traits and characteristics of a person who had been an effective co-designer in the Great Work, appeared when a certain constellation appeared overhead. Almost as if the gifts needed to complete the task were being showered down on the person at that time. Constellation was then named with the Sign of the Zodiac name.
Type of task
- VIRGO - Business re-engineering – this is when we analyse [Analysis] the existing functions or activities in our system and then try to invent a better logical way in which they might be undertaken.
CANCER Installation – here we put the system in place [Implement ] it – it is ‘born’.
- stress testing - will it work under very heavy loads
- integration testing - will it work with other things
- functional testing– does it do what it was supposed to do
- support testing – do all the systems tat support it work
- performance testing - does it meet the performance targets
- LIBRA – Operation, where Support and help is given as the system is used and all the background Maintenance work is undertaken [bug fixing etc].
- TAURUS Procurement – this is an ongoing activity. As the project proceeds there may be all sorts of things that need to be brought in from ‘outside’ to help the project and to build the system.
- PISCES Disposal – once the new system is implemented and you are happy it works OK, you have to gradually remove the old system, which means that you have to dispose of the things that aren’t needed anymore.
- LEO - Project management – the management of the whole project, the creation and adaptation of the actual plan, the selection of the resources needed, the allocation of resources to tasks, the monitoring of the resources – motivation, appraisal and admonishment of people. It may also involve costing and budget management
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - The Creation Myth of Heliopolis
- Asclepius - The Egg
- Aurora Consurgens - 01 An allegory of the Great Mother
- Bambara - the 'Sirius system'
- Canistris, Opicinus de - Diagram with Zodiac symbols
- Cirlot on Pisces
- Cirlot on the levels and layers
- Cirlot on the ram
- Confucius - The Doctrine of the Mean - 09
- Corbin, Henry - And Ibn El-Arabi
- Corbin, Henry - On the stars
- Crowley - 19 The Sun
- David Byrne & St. Vincent - Who (Official Video)
- Desnos, Robert - Ring of stars
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - Constellations of the northern and southern skies
- Enûma Eliš - Fifth Tablet
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - The stars and constellations
- Fechner, Gustav Theodor - A revelation
- Flamel, Nicolas - Aurora consurgens
- Freddie Mercury and Queen - The Queen heraldic arms
- Frost, Robert - Poets know a lot. Never did I fail
- Frost, Robert - The clouds, the source of rain, one stormy night
- Frost, Robert - They spoke of the sun and moon and stars
- Gershom Scholem – On the Kabbalah and its symbolism - Mystic marriage
- Intelligences - INTELLIGENCE HIERARCHY The Annunaki
- Intelligences - SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC [The Stars]
- Jesus - The Gospel of Judas - Archons
- Jesus - The Sophia of Jesus Christ - And the aeons
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 130 Section 12
- Kepler, Johannes - The soul bears within itself the idea of the zodiac
- Levi-Strauss, Claude - The Other Side of the Moon
- Li Po - The Difficulty of the Shu Road
- Macrobius - The Descent of the Soul from the Height of Cosmos to the Depths of Earth
- Mesopotamia - Its technology and culture 04 Astrology, Astronomy and Mathematics
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 03 Prayer to the Gods of the Night
- Michelangelo - 1508 Sistine Chapel - 01 Symbolism
- Miro - Ciphers and Constellations, in Love with a Woman
- Miro - Constellation - The Morning Star
- Miro - Constellation, awakening at dawn
- Mucha, Alphonse - Zodiac
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from On the Ascension
- Ogotommeli - Twins
- Ovid - Metamorphoses - The Story of Phaeton 2
- Persepolis - And its sacred geography 03 Gate of All Nations
- Ptolemy after 150 AD - Aquarius
- Ptolemy after 150 AD - Aries
- Ptolemy after 150 AD - Sagittarius
- Ptolemy after 150 AD - Taurus
- Reichel-Dolmatoff – The Tukano Indians - The Milky Way
- Revelations 12 01
- Revelations 21 - The New Jerusalem
- Rider-Waite - 03 The Empress
- Sacred geography – Picts – Sacred trees and sacred groves 01
- Sacred geography – Picts – Stone circles 01
- Sacred geography – Picts – Wheelhouses 01
- Sacred geography – Picts – Wheelhouses 02 - A’ Cheardach Bheag South Uist
- Sacred geography – Picts – Wheelhouses 03 - A’ Cheardach Bheag South Uist
- Sacred geography – Picts – Wheelhouses 04 - A’ Cheardach Bheag South Uist
- Saint-Yves d’Alveydre – The Archeometer – Revelation 03
- Saint-Yves d’Alveydre – The Archeometer – Revelation 05
- Saint-Yves d’Alveydre – The Archeometer – Revelation 06
- Seeress of Prevorst, the - The Sun circles
- Seeress of Prevorst, the - The Sun circles and the Eye of God
- Sefer Yetzirah
- Susa - Ziggurat of Chogha Zanbil
- Symbolism - Korean mystic shamanism - Bear
- Symbols – Picts – Constellation - Twin horns [Aries]
- Symbols – Picts – Constellation - Water and pitcher [Aquarius]
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - Morte d'Arthur - Then loudly cried the bold Sir Belvedere
- The Ancestors - Neolithic Orkney - The Standing Stones of Stenness
- The Calculation of the Sigui - By the Dogon, the Bambara, the Bozo and the Minianka
- The Saami - A Cultural Encyclopaedia - The Power of the Drum
- Totem group – Picts
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Archer
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Boar
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Cow [or Ox]
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Fox
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Giant
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Goat and-or Bear
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Goose
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Hare
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Horse
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Raven or Crow
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Stag
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Wolf
- Various symbolic objects - Lamassu
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 02 Reorganization of Temple worship & Programme of the forty years’ war
- Whiteman, J H M
- Zoroastrian - Symbols and concepts - Signs of the Zodiac
- Zoroastrian - Symbols and concepts - Water 03