Symbols - What does heaven look like
A symbol that represents the Type of Spiritual experience known as the kundalini experience, and the state that can be reached from such an experience – the Ecstatic state. The symbol is associated with all forms of healing ability, as at one time shamans, via the kundalini experience, often gained healing powers. If you turn to the observations you will find that even today kundalini experiences can lead to a person acquiring healing powers. Asclepius the god of medicine and healing in the Greek pantheon used a snake entwined staff as his symbol and it from this that the caduceus is derived.
It shows the spiralling of energy and the resulting merge with the Higher spirit. Rather intriguingly, the symbol is also used by UK Royal Air Force as a collar badge for nursing staff, from Doctors and Princess Mary's RAF Nurses down to basic "medics" (Nursing Attendants). their badge also incorporates the idea of the crown.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Acteon and Artemis
- Chichen Itza - Mayan - Pyramids and pools
- Chichen Itza - Mayan - The Great Ball Court
- Cirlot on the caduceus
- Crowley - 01 The Magician [or Magus]
- Dava Sobel on the Planets
- Dr Alberto Villoldo - Moses's staff
- Eliphas Levi and Mudvayne
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - Serpents
- Flamel, Nicolas - Uraltes chymisches Werk A Eleazar 1760 1st illustr.
- Flamel, Nicolas - Uraltes chymisches Werk A Eleazar 1760 4th illustr.
- Gaudi - Professional work - 01 Street Furniture
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Elephants
- Intelligences - ELEMENTS Nergal and Ereshkigal
- Khnopff, Fernand - Head of a Woman
- Khnopff, Fernand - Des Caresses
- Klimt - Hygieia
- Misc. source - Mayan - The 'priest'
- Moreau - Jason 1865
- Nimrud - Carved ivory figures in Phoenician style
- Norse - Jelling
- Nuremberg Chronicle - Felicitas
- Ripley, Sir George - Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum London 1652
- Rubens - Hygeia, Goddess of Health 1615
- Schwabe, Carlos - L'Homme et la Mer
- Schwabe, Carlos - Spleen et Idéal 1896
- Soustelle - Aztecs and Mexica - Mothers and Fathers
- Soustelle - Aztecs and Mexica - Rebirth misunderstood
- Soustelle - Aztecs and Mexica - The Making of a High Priestess
- The cult of Asclepius
- The Knights Templar - Royston Cave
- The Means of achieving spiritual experience - Shaivism – 01 Sexual techniques – Kundalini yoga
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 02
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 06 - 6 In Winter when the fields are white
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The Magic Wand
- Zoroastrian - Means of achieving spiritual experience - 02 Sex [Herodotus]
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Letter Omega - 07