Some science behind the scenes
Sacred geography - lighthouses
They were a fundamental part of all sacred geography being both a symbol of a source of considerable wisdom, but also a functional way of guiding people to a place where that wisdom was held. In effect, although the lighthouse may well have helped sailors find a port, the real purpose was to guide those seeking wisdom into a place of great learning.
W B Yeats – Collected Poems
Alexandria’s was a beacon tower, and Babylon’s
An image of the moving heavens, a log-book of the sun’s journey and the moon’s;
I have provided an observation describing a mythical lighthouse that was also probably real in a sense - thus symbolic and part of the sacred geography of the landscape - the lighthouse at Alexandria.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Chichen Itza - Mayan - Observatory 'the Snail'
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - Titicaca Temple of Sun and Moon 1
- John Michell - The View over Atlantic – The sacred geography of China
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 09 Creating a sacred geography
- Myths and legends - The Fairy Mythology - The two Fiddlers
- Myths and legends - The Fairy Mythology - The Young Man in the Shian
- Palenque - Mayan - 'Palace'
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Rivers and streams
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Temples with pronaos
- Sacred geography – Picts
- Sacred geography – Picts – Brochs 01
- Sacred geography – Picts – Brochs 02
- Sacred geography – Picts – Brochs 03
- Sacred geography – Picts – Brochs 04
- Sacred geography – Picts – Citadels 02 – Callanish
- Sacred geography – Picts – Citadels 03 – Orkney and the Brough of Birsay
- Sacred geography – Picts – Mark stones
- Sacred geography – Picts – Round tower 01
- Sacred geography – Picts – Round tower 02
- Sacred geography – Picts – Round tower 03 - Star maps and bliss
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Double disc and Z rod [Crannog]
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Mirror [Broch]
- The lighthouse of Alexandria
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The Pyramids as the site of the Mysteries