Symbols - What does heaven look like
Babies, children and toddlers in certain contexts represent symbolically an idea – a sort of project and the result of the creative urge. Thus a painting for an artist may appear symbolically as his or her ‘child’, an architect may dream of a baby that is a building he is designing. A writer may be working on a book which is his ‘child’.
The symbolism is fairly straight forward in that we conceive of an idea, [which probably gestates in our heads for some time], it is then born and we start to work on it and it grows like a child. We have to feed it and nurture it to get it to grow.
We can then attach all sorts of other symbolism to the child, it is growing too fast, or is out of control! Or it is difficult to handle, or is a problem child, or ungainly or beautiful, or fine featured or a handful!
We use the symbolism in such phrases as ‘let’s get this baby on the road’. Or when someone describes a project as ‘a bit of a problem child’.
When one is on the spiritual path, the baby has a very special significance, as this is your project. And the project is to produce a new you. If you see a child at this point it means that all your efforts on the spiritual path are beginning to bear fruit – a new you is emerging.
If you see the baby juxtaposed with an old man, then you are seeing the transition from the old you to the new you, or as Cirlot put it ‘the stage of life when the old man, transformed, acquires a new simplicity….. hence the conception of the child as the mystic centre’.
In fact it means you are quite a way along the path, very close to the so called mystic marriage.
‘One dreams of a child when some great spiritual change is about to take place under favourable circumstances’.[Cirlot]
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Agrippa, Heinrich Cornelius - Sacramentum matrimonii antiquissimum est - 06
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 06 - 2 Duchess and Cook
- Classic of Embryonic Breathing - The embryo
- Cohen, Leonard - Dance me to the end of love
- Crowley - 19 The Sun
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - Peaches
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Oyster
- Diotima – 06 Eros and birth in beauty
- Elijah - 1 Kings 17 08 - Oil, meal and water
- Eno, Brian - Passengers – Full album
- Evelyn Underhill - Describes what happens on annihilation
- Flamel, Nicolas - Aurora consurgens
- Flamel, Nicolas - Uraltes chymisches Werk A Eleazer 1760 7th illustr.
- Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite - The Death of Åse (Åses død)
- Hadewijch - Visions - One Pentecost at dawn I had a vision
- Healer H - Babies everywhere
- Herbert, George - from The Collar
- Hodler, Ferdinand - Spring 1901
- Ibn El-Arabi - The Tarjuman al-Ashwaq - A ringdove wailed and a sad lover complained
- Jesus - Matthew 18 - Except ye be converted, and become as little children
- Julian of Norwich - Suddenly out of this body sprang a full fair creature, a little Child
- Khnopff, Fernand - Portrait of Yvonne Seys
- Khusrau, Amir - Ghazal 1772
- Klimt - Death and Life
- Ling Jian Zi's Dao Yin Zi-Wu recording
- Lu, Guang-Rong - translated in Qigong Meditation Embryononic Breathing by Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming
- Malta - 09 Xagħra Stone Circle
- Montessori, Dr Maria - The Secret of Childhood - The Christ in all
- Moreau - The young man and death 1865
- Morrells, Luce a flying saucer and little girl with bunches
- Morrells, Luce and the house boat
- Mutus Liber 06
- Odetta - Don't Think Twice It's All Right
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dream of 27th November 1954
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dream, 20th May 1955
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dreams of Rings, Circles, Eggs and Stars
- Redon, Odilon - Mystic series 7
- Rider-Waite - 13 Death
- Rider-Waite - 19 The Sun
- Rops - Felicien - L'Amour Mouche
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - The Beautiful Hand
- Rubens - Drunken Silenus
- Samavedas – 01 Book 06 Chapter 02, DECADE III Soma Pavamana
- Samavedas – Book 03 Chapter 01, XVI Soma Pavamana
- Samavedas – Book 04 Chapter 01, XXI Soma Pavamana
- Schwabe, Carlos - La Vierge aux colombes 1895
- Songs of Embracing Singularity in Embryonic Breathing
- Sophia Elizabeth De Morgan – The Universal symbol system and the symbol of the Child
- Sorolla, Joaquin - Children on the beach
- Spencer, Stanley - Portraits 03
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 1744
- The Classic of Tai Shang's Embryonic Breathing for Life Nourishment
- The Song of Great Dao - Gao, Lian - Ming Dynasty
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 11
- Tzu, Lao - In keeping the spirit and the vital soul together
- Von Stuck, Franz - Cupid at the Masked Ball
- Wang, Wen-Lu’s Embryonic Breathing method
- Whiteman, J H M meets the Old Man
- Xing Kong Zi's Secrets of Embryonic Breathing
- Zhang Guolao - Secrets of Embryonic Breathing
- Zohar - I 049b – Masculine and Feminine
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Mushaf as-suwar - 6th Book about the Nature, Book of Imuths