Being naked in the sun
Involuntary and voluntary
Introduction and description
This technique is one for a warm climate, where the sun is warm [and there!] and you have blue skies. For reasons I will explain shortly the tropics are ideal and where you find a temperate zone with a warm enough climate then the Spring and Summer are the best times for being naked in the sun. And you mustn’t lie with your eyes closed you need to frolic a bit with them open.
I think that you can see that being in the sun is going to be deeply relaxing of itself. It helps to reduce threats because we are warm, but there are other important links with sunshine and spiritual experience.
This approach was extremely key in the sexually based spiritual practises of the Chinese, Hindu/Indian, Japanese [Shinto] and early Greeks. It was absolutely key in the Kahuna system. Polynesians went naked whenever they could, lived outdoors in the open so that they could look at the blue sky and the sea and water.
They also ate well with a high level of fruit, fish and carbohydrates rich in calcium [see Sexy eating].
Initiates of the Dionysian Mysteries went naked whenever they could, lived outdoors in the open so that they could look at the blue sky and the sea and water.
The text left comes from an ancient Chinese treatise of spiritual experience, it doesn’t say whether to wear clothes or not, but the blue skies would help anyway. Given that the treatise was based on the conversion of sexual energy to spiritual experience, the nakedness would have been less important.
Go somewhere with lots of blue skies and warmth, take your clothes off and make sure you keep your eyes open.
- Look at blue light - subject yourself to long exposures of very intense blue light with a wavelength in the range 460 to 480nm, and no greater than 530 nm - by looking at the sea for example, or by staring at the sky . This might be rather neatly combined with the technique of Relaxation or just simply lying down
- Expose your whole body to Ultraviolet light - at wavelengths between 270 and 300 nm. Do not look at this light, simply expose yourself to it [it did occur to me here that maybe subconsciously we like tanned skin because we associate it with virility]
How it works
There are a number of ways in which this activity helps
Sunshine helps in the production of vitamin D and thus helps in healing and keeping us free from any illness which may prevent experience
Cold and darkness are perceived by the body and the subconscious as Threats. By being in the sun you are helping to reduce threats.
Sunshine helps with increasing sexual energy. Thus although the heading says sexual stimulation, this would help with making love and sex magick too.
This means that those who want to use sexual energy as the means of spiritual experience can build up their reserves better.
- Blue light and the retina - The Pineal gland produces a hormone called Melatonin. Melatonin can suppress libido by inhibiting secretion of two hormones - luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the anterior pituitary gland – see FSH and LH.
But, Melatonin is inhibited by light falling on the retina. It is principally blue light, around 460 to 480nm, that suppresses melatonin. Suppression increases in proportion to the intensity of the light and the length of exposure. Thus we need to have our eyes open for this and be in a place where there is lots of high intensity blue light – the tropics, by the sea and temperate climates when the weather is sunny – summer and spring.
Thus by staring at blue skies and blue light we inhibit melatonin and thereby increase the release of LH and FSH. More sexual energy – more sperm, higher libido.
- Calcification - The Pineal gland ‘calcifies’ as a result of certain foods [which I have described in Sexy eating - eggs, figs and nuts ] and sunshine.
But this cannot be ordinary sunshine, Vitamin D3 [key to the process] is made in the skin only when ultraviolet light of UVB type at wavelengths between 270 and 300 nm occurs, with peak synthesis occurring between 295 and 297 nm. This is why you need to be in the tropics or a temperate zone in the summer and spring. Thus being in the sunshine naked for reasonable lengths of time help in the calcification of the pineal gland.
A calcified Pineal gland does not work as well – inhibiting the release of melatonin and thus inproving our sexual energy.
Incidentally getting old helps too, the Pineal gland calcifies naturally anyway with age [see Brain sand].
OLD PEOPLE ARE SEXY PEOPLE!! Who knows maybe very old people are very sexy people, as long as they can stay awake long enough to find out [Melatonin controls sleep cycles too].
A very pleasant way to spend a few days, or months, or years………….
- Free, legal
- Very pleasurable
- Effective – it clearly worked for the Greeks, the Hindus, the Polynesians and a whole host of other cultures at one time
- Antidepressant effects - It may be worth adding that there is a possible additional positive side-effect of melatonin suppression. Luzindole is a drug used in scientific research to study the role of melatonin in the body. It acts as a selective melatonin receptor antagonist. So it suppresses melatonin. In animal studies, it has been observed to produce antidepressant effects.
- An open trial of light therapy in adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. 027423
- Association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D with metabolic syndrome in patients with psoriasis: a case-control study 012055
- Bach, Dr Edward - The benefits of sunshine 011145
- Cicero Newell - Indian Stories – Indians are nearer being the children of God 023817
- Cod liver oil, fish and Multiple Sclerosis above the Arctic Circle 012193
- Complementary and alternative medicine and mood disorders 006188
- Croll, Oswald - Preface of Signatures – 16 016034
- Eating your greens for warts 006958
- Effect of narrowband ultraviolet B therapy on inflammatory markers and body fat composition in moderate to severe psoriasis 015619
- Erectile dysfunction, Endothelial dysfunction, Vitamin D deficiency and cod liver oil 012196
- Fighting off bugs by sweating 010331
- Goodheart, George - On the Acid-Alkaline balance 011173
- Higher predicted vitamin D status is associated with reduced risk of Crohn's disease 026328
- Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis 016296
- Is Postpartum Depression a Disease of Modern Civilization? 027731
- Lack of sunlight, osteoporosis and obesity 006225
- Light therapy 006972
- Lisa Bentley - Ironman winner 012682
- Local hyperthermia could induce antiviral activity by endogenous interferon-dependent pathway in condyloma acuminata 016911
- Madame d’Esperance - Shadow Land - 19 Healing the sick 020810
- Medical Nutrition Therapy as a Potential Complementary Treatment for Psoriasis – Five Case Reports FULL PAPER 017214
- Moitessier, Bernard – The Long Way - Crushed pine needles and yoga 016949
- Morning sunlight and manic depression 006229
- Natural Vitamin D sources 007165
- Psoriasis and nutrition 012060
- Solar water disinfection (SODIS): a review from bench-top to roof-top 021225
- Sunlight and health 006223
- Sunlight and health II 006224
- Sunlight and health III 006226
- Sunlight is an important determinant of vitamin D serum concentrations in cystic fibrosis 020160
- Sunlight, Vitamin D and Breast cancer 012195
- Sunlight, Vitamin D and Multiple Sclerosis 012192
- Sunshine and 'rejuvenation' 006227
- Sunshine as a cure for illness 026789
- Sweating as the first line of defence against pathogens 010333
- Sweating, toxins and heavy metals 006719
- Systematic review of UV-based therapy for psoriasis. 027424
- Tears, sweat and saliva and the fight against antigens 010332
- TED talk - Dr Richard Weller: Could the sun be good for your heart 017316
- The German fibromyalgia consumer reports - a cross-sectional survey 023650
- The healing effects of Vitamin D and sunlight 012466
- Vitamin D deficiency and the Epstein Barr Virus 012199
- Vitamin D deficiency, liver and kidney disease 007168
- Vitamin D, cod-liver oil, sunlight, and rickets: a historical perspective. 012187
- Vitamin D, sunlight and TB 007166
- Vitiligo and Vitamin D deficiency 010133
- Vitiligo, Psoriasis and Vitamin D 010132
Wisdom, Inspiration, Divine love & Bliss
- Anacreon - And Now With All Thy Pencil's Truth 012511
- Anacreon - As Late I sought the Spangled Bowers 012512
- Anacreon - Beauty 012513
- Anacreon - Count Me, on the Summer Trees 012514
- Anacreon - Dancing 012521
- Anacreon - Give me the heart of epic song 012515
- Anacreon - Love's Mark 012522
- Anacreon - Old Age 012509
- Anacreon - One day the Muses 012517
- Anacreon - Tell me gentle youth, I pray 012523
- Anacreon - The Old Lover 012518
- Anacreon - The Vintage 012519
- Anacreon - Youth and Age 012520
- Gibbings, Robert & Kendon, Frank - The flower 013227
- Gibbings, Robert & Markova, Dawna - I will not die an unlived life 013226
- Gibbings, Robert - Advertisements for the Orient Line 013220
- Gibbings, Robert - Beasts and Saints, and the Glory of Life 013223
- Gibbings, Robert - Coming down the Seine 013217
- Gibbings, Robert - Tahiti and Iorana 013219
- Gibbings, Robert - Wisley 013218
- Lisa Bentley - Ironman winner 012682
- Logan Pearsall Smith - from 'More Trivia' 1922 013359
- St Vincent - Rattlesnake 016863
- The Kama sutra – 05 Going to Gardens or Picnics and Other Social Diversions 018693
- The Means of achieving spiritual experience - Shaivism – 16 Being naked in the sun 022599
- Watson, James Dewey - On sun and sex 006228
- Watson, Lyall - Cold fronts and warm fronts 020340
- Anacreon - Eros 004684
- Chichen Itza - Mayan - The Great Ball Court 011681
- Mahavira - Jaina Sutras, Part II - Enlightenment 013832