Staring and bulging eyes
More details of this are given in the science section under the same heading - Staring and bulging eyes.
One of the side effects of a spiritual experience can be that the person’s eyes bulge and appear to be staring. It is possible to get both dilated pupils and narrowed pupils.
A spiritual experience can be obtained, as we have seen, with eyes closed or open, any bulging can occur in either case.
In the past this was looked on as the true sign of the mystic – he had ‘gone to the other side’ and what he was seeing was so extraordinary that he was rapt with wonder and his eyes were popping out of his head at the sight.
But this is not the reason for the bulging, the bulging happens whatever the person has ‘seen’ - again see science section Staring and bulging eyes
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A Subwoofer Full of Water Spiders by Wow EROWID
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 06 - 1 Pig and Pepper
- Beethoven - 5th Symphony
- CICOM Museum - Mayan - The sorceror
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - Ode to the Departing Year
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - The Nose
- Copan - Mayan - Old Man of Copan
- Copan - Mayan - Stela N
- Copan - Mayan - Stela P Temple 16
- Egyptian Old Kingdom Man 6th Dynasty - 2300 B.C
- Gibier, Dr Paul - Psychism Analysis of Things Existing - Nearly killed by a very evil spirit which possessed the medium
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Chance meeting 'hind the shrubs
- Gundestrup Cauldron
- Hyangga of Korea - Song of Ch'oyong
- Indus valley - Mehrgarh
- Indus valley - Mohenjo-Daro - 06 The Dancing girl or Deva-dasi
- Indus valley - Mohenjo-Daro - 08 The Hierophant
- Inuit – Whalebone Shaman mask Skagway, Alaska
- Karnataka and South India - 07 Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple
- Konso - Waga statues
- Lagash - Statue of Gudea
- Leary, Timothy - Gone, gone, gone
- Lowry, L S - Ann
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience - The prevalence of spiritual experience
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 06 LOVE and Unrequited love
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 07 Sex
- Mesopotamian - Means of achieving spiritual experience 07 Sex High priestesses from the cult of Ishtar
- Munch, Edvard - Sin 1902
- Norse - Jelling – The Rune stone of Harald Bluetooth
- Norse - Loki and Heimdall’s fight over the singing stone
- Omofolabo Soyinka Ajayi - The Sango mounts his horse
- Organisation of Pictish society – Roles - The Hermit
- Palenque - Mayan - Wall panels and inscriptions
- Popol Vuh Museum - Guatemala city - 'Priest'
- Religious Revivals, visions, hallucinations and other side-effects
- Rubens - Mulay Ahmad
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Egypt as the axis of the Mysteries
- Speaking in tongues
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 4184
- The Dorset Ooser mask
- Tikal - Mayan - The 'Nose God'
- Ur - Nannar statue 2000 BC and purse or bag
- Uruk – Miscellaneous artefacts
- Vitamin D deficiency and Hyperthyroidism
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1890 Lucifer
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1892 Medusa
- Waterhouse, John William - Ophelia
- William Howell has NDE from heart attack and cardiac arrest
- Zen Poetry: Let the Spring Breeze Enter – Mumon Ekai