Higher spirit and personality
During any one ‘life’, the Higher Spirit usually has one Personality. But there are instances where the Higher spirit itself creates multiple Personalities, usually to produce a more robust version of the initial personality able to deal with uncontrollable and continuous threats to the person.
Consciousness transfers between personalities.
Each personality can build up different interests and friends – learn different things. One of the best known cases was ‘Sybil’. Sybil Dorsett, a pseudonym for Shirley Ardell Mason (1923–1998), an American psychiatric patient with multiple personality disorder. Her case was told in a book by Flora Rheta Schreiber.
The diagram below comes from the description of the relationship between the Higher spirit and the perceptions. See also Higher spirit and Perceptions.
Although during a life, only one Personality contributes to the Perception log, in any case of split personality or multiple personality, the different Personalities contribute in a consecutive way to the perceptions log. The events in the person’s life are never without an entry, everything is always logged, it is just that different Personalities all contribute to the log.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A Tibetan gomchen speaks on reincarnation
- Bouissou, Madame Michael - In the course of these dives a diversity of personalities frequently appears
- Eleanor Longden: The voices in my head
- Immanuel Kant - Describes Swedenborg's communication with spirits
- Khan, Hazrat Inayat - Misc. Quote - The feeling of 'I-ness'
- Motoyama, Dr Hiroshi – Healing illness
- Motoyama, Dr Hiroshi – The Great Work and Spirit helpers
- Pauli, Wolfgang - The World Clock Vision
- Plato - Meno - On reincarnation and past lives
- Rogo, D Scott - Leaving the Body - Contacting the Higher spirit for healing
- Russell, George William - My inner being is not one but many
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 11, Chapter 03 - Liberation from Mâyâ
- The Haunting of the House of Commons
- Thich Nhat Hanh - The Miracle of Mindfulness - The monkey's shadow
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The cocoon
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Book IV - 09. and 10. Higher spirit, perceptions and memory