Birdsong is one type of Hearing sounds and music.
There is some bird-song that is so unearthly it sends shivers down your back. It often accompanies visions or dreams and was at one time said to be the angels singing – and indeed that is exactly what it sounds like. I have no explanation for this other than perhaps it is the angels singing!
The myth of the siren seems to have been derived from this form of input
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Bird Chirping Overtones DiPT & Cannabis by Flying Hamster
- Bird shamans and celestial messages
- Blithe spirit - The exit of the giants August 2015
- Braveheart - Forest of bright birds
- Cardiac arrest
- Chaim Vital - Sha'ar Ruach ha-Kodesh – On Isaac Luria’s abilities
- Cirlot on sirens
- Crookes, Sir William - Notes of an Enquiry into the Phenomena called Spiritual during the Years 1870-73 - 06
- Desnos, Robert - Ring of stars
- Dr. J. Garth Wilkinson - Evenings with Mr. Home and the Spirits 01
- Engel, C - Musical Myths and Facts - Birdsong
- Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
- Fleetwood Mac - Songbird
- George Harrison - Mystical One
- Grimble, Sir Arthur - And the Island of Whistling Spirits
- Hearing birdsong was like sleeping in an aviary
- Homer - The Odyssey - The Sirens
- Hypnerotomachia Poliphili - Nymphs and the Songlines
- Joan Baez - Dream Song
- Lalla - Royal swan, what happened to your beautiful voice?
- Messing, Wolf - The power of suggestion in hypnotism – The count who thought that pigeons were building a nest inside his head
- Mircea Eliade - On Bird song as spell
- Morrells, Luce and an apocalyptic dream
- Morrells, Luce and Shot!
- Poetic Edda - The Song of Rig [extract]
- Rumi - Rubaiyat - The birds have flown to freedom
- Saadi - The Gulistan of Sa‘di – 21 from The Morals of Dervishes
- Stainton-Moses, William - Spirit Identity - THE WHISTLING SPIRITS OF THE DEAD
- The room was suddenly filled with the sound of on organ playing and voices singing a hymn
- Viscount Adare - Experiences in Spiritualism with Mr D D Home – 24 We heard Home go into the next room, heard the window thrown up, and presently Home appeared standing upright outside our window
- Viscount Adare - Experiences in Spiritualism with Mr D D Home – 42 We all saw him approaching, raised off the ground, for he floated, by, at a height which carried him over the broken wall