Symbols - What does heaven look like
Life, when controlled by Destiny and subject to the Great Work is frequently symbolically referred to as a play and the setting as the theatre. We are actors or Puppets in the play, with a role, but unlike many normal actors we actually have little clue about the plot or how we fit into the scenario! Occasionally, we never even live to see the end of that scene, we rarely see the end, or the play as a whole.
The part played by spirit helpers, the link with puppets and the concept of life as a play and the stage and theatre as the symbolic setting for life is wonderfully illustrated here in this Church door!
This is St James church in Hamburg. The current building was restored after most of the old church was destroyed in 1944. Only the sacristy, the base of the tower and exterior walls survived but it was restored in 1962 with a new 410 foot tower.
More details of why Actual theatre evolved can also be found in the section Kings and Queen and politics.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Al-Ghazzali - The Alchemy of Happiness - 16 The world as theatre
- Alain Danielou – Gods of Love and Ecstasy: The Traditions of Shiva and Dionysus – Living in harmony with the systems of the universe
- Baudelaire, Charles - L'Irréparable
- Benjamin, Walter - Illuminations - Theatre
- Blake, William - The Flea
- Blithe spirit - What dying feels like, a personal story of my meeting with the 'Widow Maker'
- Bowie, David - 1971 Life on Mars?
- Bullett, Gerald William - Maître de Ballet
- Croiset, Gerard - A vision of a host of angels
- Daniélou, Alain – The Way to the Labyrinth – Is our destiny foreseen
- Degas - Harlequin and Colombina
- Degas - In the dance studio
- Degas - Red ballet skirts
- Degas - The entrance of the masked dancers
- Dennis Elwell - Cosmic Loom
- Eliot, T S - Four Quartets - 05 East Coker III
- Epictetus - The Enchiridion - 16, 17, 18
- Freddie Mercury and Queen - The Show Must Go On
- George Harrison - While my guitar gently weeps
- Hobson, Dr Allan - The effects of a stroke 03 - A monkey mama is floating in the air in front of him
- Jeans, Sir James - The Mysterious Universe - The stage of life, why are we here?
- Kierkegaard, Soren - Repetition
- Knight, Dame Laura – Ballet and theatre – 01
- Knight, Dame Laura – Ballet and theatre – 02
- Lalla - So many times I’ve drunk the wine of the Sindhu river
- Mare, Walter de la - The Marionettes
- Music therapy - The Gnawa, the hadra, gumbri, ganga, and qeraqeb
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Describing the night and cognising the heart 02
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from On the honour and dignity of this book 02
- North Whitehead, Alfred – God
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Letter 28th September 1952
- Pauli, Wolfgang - The Dream of the New Church
- Ravidas – from the Adi Granth 12
- Rilke, Rainer Maria - 19 Fourth Elegy
- Rumi - Rubaiyat - There is no wine without You
- Sellers, Peter – 03 from Out on a Limb – Destiny and know yourself
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Destiny
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Mask and theatre
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Play and Theatre
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Reincarnation and Destiny
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - The Dance
- Shankara - On the ego
- Spencer, Stanley - Landscapes 06 - Pines
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 01 - Mending Cowls Cookham 1915
- St Vincent - Talks about the teachings of Sai Baba & sings Actor
- Stead, William - part 10 - A Vision of a palace and city
- Thelmar, E – 05 Possessed by a fiend
- Vaughan, Dr Alan – A person as a spiritual entity makes his basic choices for the future before he is born. He enters the world with his destiny
- Vivekananda - from A Song I sing to Thee - I exist
- Yeats, Georgie - A Vision - On masks
- Zimmer, Dr Heinrich - On the mask
- Zoroastrian - Symbols and concepts - Theatre and puppets