Symbols - What does heaven look like
The World Map is a spiritual map, attempting to show the layout of the Egg, an early version of which was called a T-O map. Generally speaking the majority of 'views' were as though one were positioned outside the Egg looking at the surface.
I have provided my own version of the Map of the Egg as best I can deduce it, but all the maps I have as observations are similar attempts.
World maps are marked out by the fact that they show round their borders such aspects as the four winds, the other rings in the Egg, Water symbolically shown, Air symbolically shown, Fire symbolically shown, angels or other spiritual beings. Furthermore they are nearly always Egg shaped.
An attempt at a physical geographic map has none of these things, it will attempt to be rectangular, it will show scale and distance, there will be no spiritual symbols, places will be shown as places not as symbols [castles, mounds , mountains etc]. It will also generally show North at the top. A spiritual map shows East – the Orient at the top for the reason I explained in the section on the Hourglass – you orient yourself through the central pole of the egg and the orient is where the Creator and Created are.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Canistris, Opicinus de - Diagram with Zodiac symbols
- Canistris, Opicinus de - Diagram with 'Crucifixion'
- Canistris, Opicinus de - World map
- Evan Hadingham – Ancient Carvings in Britain - Sacred geography
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Custom - 'The Flood'
- Hereford mappa mundi
- Hugh Brody – Maps and Dreams - Mapping the Egg
- Hugh Brody – Maps and Dreams - The Dunne-za map of the Egg
- Lambeth Palace or Reading world map
- Mapa Mondi Figura Mondi, 1442 - world map by Giovanni Leardo (oriented with East at the top)
- Matthew Paris - Flies to Apulia from London
- Mircea Eliade - On Drum Maps and Drumming
- Misc. source - A Sami drum map
- Paul Devereux – Earth Mysteries - Mapping the Egg
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dream of 23rd January 1938
- Rudi Mappi Mundi
- Rudimentum Noviciorum
- The Ebstorf World Map
- The Psalter Map, British Library Additional Ms 28681, f.9 recto. Circa 1260
- The Saami - A Cultural Encyclopaedia - The Power of the Drum
- The Saint-Sever Beatus world map, made at the Abbey of St. Sever in about 1050
- Various symbolic objects - Babylonian World map