Category: Natural chemicals
Introduction and description
You may think I am utterly mad placing arsenic in the category of medicines. But one has to remember the principles of Poisoning.
It is the dose that makes something into a poison.
Arsenic is used homeopathically. Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the principal that 'like cures like', in a tiny tiny dilution – and the medicine used in homeopathy is called Arsenicum Album. The following is a quote from Boericke's Materia Medica describing its uses:
“A profoundly acting remedy on every organ and tissue. Its clear-cut characteristic symptoms and correspondence to many severe types of disease make its homeopathic employment constant and certain. Its general symptoms often alone lead to its successful application. Among these all-prevailing debility, exhaustion, and restlessness, which is worse at night, are most important. Great exhaustion after the slightest exertion. .......... Gives quiet and ease to the last moments of life when given in high potency. ........ should be thought of in ailments from alcoholism .... stings, ..... ill effects from decayed food or animal matter reduces the refractive index of blood serum (also China and Ferr. Phos.). Maintains the system under the stress of malignancy regardless of location. Malarial cachexia”.
Before you scoff at such information remember that in 2008, bacteria were discovered that employ a version of photosynthesis in the absence of oxygen with arsenites as electron donors, producing arsenates (just as ordinary photosynthesis uses water as electron donor, producing molecular oxygen). We may find in the course of time that some of our so called 'friendly bacteria' in the Intestine in particular, need tiny traces of arsenic to function.
In effect arsenic supplies the food needed for our own natural biotics.
Quite a number of foods contain the trace amounts of arsenic we need to feed our Intestinal friends. Rice brain contains tiny traces of arsenic – minute traces. And minute traces is all that is needed.
- A novel arsenate respiring isolate that can utilize aromatic substrates 017779
- Arsenic (As), antimony (Sb), and lead (Pb) availability from Au-mine Technosols: a case study of transfer to natural vegetation cover in temperate climates 018259
- Arsenic and drinking water, chelation therapy 017785
- Arsenic, selenium and Vitamin E 013089
- Dr Duke's list of chemicals and activity for the Shallot 017969
- Dr Duke's list of Chemicals and their Biological Activities in: Prunella vulgaris L. (Lamiaceae) -- Heal-All, Self-Heal 018270
- Meat, offal, heavy metals and minerals 005485
- Protective effect of curcumin against heavy metals-induced liver damage 017774
- Sweating, toxins and heavy metals 006719
- Arsenic, water and burning treated wood 006906
- Heavy metal poisoning from dietary supplements 012481
- Cancer and uranium 006728
- Contamination of American drinking water and pancreatic cancer 008348
- Contamination of American drinking water with arsenic 008327
- Contamination of Bangladesh's drinking water [massive contamination] 008325
- Contamination of Chile's drinking water with arsenic and cancer levels 008350
- Contamination of Thailand's, Hungarian and Bangladesh's drinking water with arsenic 008349
- Contamination of Vietnam's drinking water by arsenic 008344
- Human intake of arsenic and iodine from seaweed-based food supplements and health foods available in the UK 016980