The Oracle - The Matrix - Prophecy and free will
Type of Spiritual Experience
Extremely complex and it owes a lot to numerous philosophical and religious ideas from the east and west -something of a masterpiece in summarisation of a number of key ideas.
Note that analogously, one can have a plan for building and evolving a system [Great Work] as well as the System itself [System and function etc]
A description of the experience
1. Oracle: well come on man I won’t bite you , you come around here let me have a look at you . My goodness look at you, you turned out all right didn't you ?
how do you feel are you ?…………..I know you're not sleeping, we'll get to that . Why don't you come and have a seat
2. Neo: Maybe I’ll stand
3. Oracle: Well suit yourself
4. Neo I felt like sitting.
5. Oracle So let's get the obvious stuff out of the way
6. Neo :You're not human are you?
7. Oracle it's tough to get any more obvious than that
8. Neo If I had to guess I'd say you're a program from the Machine world, so is he
9. Oracle: so far so good
10. Neo but if that's true that can mean you’re a part of this system another kind of control
11. Oracle keep going
12. Neo I suppose the most obvious question is how can I trust you ?
13. Oracle bingo! is this a pickle? no doubt about it . Bad news is there's no way you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not , so it's really up to you, you just have to make up your own damn mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you or reject it ………….. Candy ? [red]
14. Neo you already know if I'm going to take it
15. Oracle Wouldn't be much of an Oracle if I didn't
16. Neo But if you already know, how can I make a choice?
17. Oracle : because you didn't come here to make the choice you've already made it, you're here to try to understand why you made it, I thought you'd have figured that out by now
18. Neo why are you here ?
19. Oracle same reason, I love candy [red pill]
20. Neo: but why help us?
21. Oracle we're all here to do what we're all here to do, I'm interested in one thing Neo , the future and believe me I know the only way to get there is together
22. Neo are there other programs like you ?
23. Oracle: No not like me, but look see those birds, at some point a program was written to govern them, a program was
written to watch over the trees and the wind's sunrise and sunset, there are programs running all over the place . Ones doing their job doing what they were meant to do and invisible. You'd never even know they were here.
But the other ones, you hear about them all the time
24. Neo I've never heard
25. Oracle of course you have , every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost or an angel every story you've ever heard about; vampires, werewolves are aliens in the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing
26. Neo programs hacking programs , why?
27. Oracle they've their reasons, but usually a program chooses exile when it faces deletion
28. Neo why would a program be deleted ?
29. Oracle maybe it breaks down maybe a better program is created to replace it, it happens all the time and when it does a program can either choose to hide here or return to the source
30. Neo the Machine mainframe ?
31. Oracle Yes where you must go where the path of the One ends
Clues and keywords
1. Seer, remote viewing
3. Indicates it is not an order, apparent free will
4. Obeys anyway
6. Intelligence in other words
8. Has worked out our world is a programmed world
10. The universe is a system with programs
12. He can’t of course because of her job
14. and 15. Prophecy, the Great work and the plan
16. and 17. Know thyself
19. The blue pill is the system, the red pill is a developer of the system, someone outside the system
21. Destiny, Team, Great work, challenge
22. 23. 24. 25 etcThe Oracle devised the Great Work, the plan, that is how she can prophecy, so she is unique. She ultimately is ‘God’. The ultimate cause.
The programs of the universe underpin all activity, and they run as they were meant to do, but you cannot see/perceive them.
The Architect was simply the designer/programmer and it was his ego that messed things up. As a consequence there are programs that do not do what they are meant to do. Disobedient [and obsolete] programs.
As a consequence there are clean-up programs [angels, were wolfs, vampires etc] alien looking programs – demons – that wander round identifying and eliminating the ones who do not obey, who mess things up. And indeed these rogue programs occasionally find a way of crossing boundaries between layers [supernatural]. An apport is a crossing of boundaries. The Oracle also describes possession.
29 on : Agent Smith becomes a possessing virus that starts to gobble up everything, and this is why the Oracle knows that Neo, who is simply a super duper clean-up program will need to return to the source. He ['good'] absorbs agent smith ['evil'] and then effectively commits suicide in order to ensure the virus is removed. Obedience.
The source of the experienceWachowskis, the
Concepts, symbols and science items
Good and bad
Good and evil
Great Work, the
Prophecy - how it works
Prophecy - self fulfilling