7.2.5. PURIFICATION and RELEARNING
We have experienced a rebirth process, which has to a certain extent eliminated much that is the real dross in our ‘software package’ and reconfigured us ready for the second half of the journey. Rebirth is a form of death and rebirth, the death of the old outmoded and outdated personality and the emergence of something a little more ‘you’ and suited to the spiritual journey in the second half.
But there is more work to do and that work must be undertaken on the soul itself.
During this stage you work on your Memory and Perceptions to rid them of erroneous beliefs and to rid them of ‘demons’ [viruses - learnt functions]. You ‘relearn’ - reclassify your perceptions so that your memory is correct. You also work on the ego to wear it down and down and down.
The ongoing activities
You will notice that I have placed, within the suppression section, a whole load of activities that seem, when you first start, somehow rather silly. But this is the stage when all these come into their own. These are techniques that may well result indirectly in spiritual experience, but are not ‘hands-on’. You live them on a day to day basis, you don’t suddenly go off and have a few hours doing them, for example ….
- Eating for health
- Exercising and keeping fit
- Reducing desires
- Reducing opportunities
- Reducing threats
- Reducing and controlling emotions
- Squash the big I am
- Suppressing memory [which inludes such key sub-activities as asking for forgiveness, forgiving, expunging demons, and questioning and doubting all beliefs]
- Know yourself
- Believing in the spiritual world
- DON’T HURT
- Suppressing obligations
- LOVE and Love with Visualisation - it is only via LOVE that you will ever experience what Divine Love is, and Divine love is one of the ultimate spiritual experiences
There is a tendency for all on the spiritual path to start the cycle going for overload. It appears to be a quick route, and indeed in some religions it is called the Fast Path, there is the novelty value and there are lots of options, but after a while this route quickly palls, if it doesn’t kill you first!
Many artists and writers use overload because of its almost instantaneous effects, but what marks this stage with the acitivites above is the large amount of invisible input you get – often wisdom and inspiration. You just have to work at it.
The occasional activities
Accompanying all these ongoing activities – which should become a way of life – one can also use other more one-off activities that solve the more nitty gritty problems when you need some direct help with the relearning and expunging of demons!
The techniques that help directly with spiritual experience at this stage tend to be
- Using Beauty, Art and Music
- Laughing [you can do this most of the time if you want, but if you make it an ongoing activity you may get sectioned]
- Suppressing reason by befuddling it
- Being naked in the sun - which helps with the ongoing activity of Squash the big I am and a number of the sexually related activities - Sexy eating, Peaking and Sexual stimulation
- Contemplation and detachment
- Controlled breathing
- Enacting ritual and ceremony
- Using a Faraday cage
- Listening to beating sounds
- Reverse REM
- Rocking swaying and swinging
- Stimulation of trigger points
- Dietary moderation
- Suppressing the 5 senses
- Suppression of learning
- Dreaming and Lucid dreaming
- Communing with nature [which can be combined quite effectively with a number of the other activities]
- Swirling, whirling spinning and twirling
The Detail of how this is done
The key activity at this stage is the Relearning process itself - part of the overall Purification stage.
To find out how to do this follow the link to Relearning. This both explains what it is in more detail and how it can be achieved.