The Spirit beings of minerals and gases. This is why they were traditionally associated with mining.
Although minerals [unless consumed] are harmless to human beings, there was a recognition in former times that many gases were not; as such there are ‘good’ dwarfs and ‘evil’ dwarfs. If you sniff glue you will be presented with the image of truly nasty looking dwarfs.
The synonymous names for dwarfs include Duegar.
Included within this classification is molten rock - lava - which is why some dwarfs are glowing and wear red or have red eyes and wobble.
He would clearly perceive that the little blue lights were borne by dwarfs, whose pale clay coloured faces with their huge noses and red eyes, disfigured too by birds’ bills and owls’ eyes, were supported by misshapen bodies, and they tottered and wobbled about here and there, so that they seemed to be at the same time merry and in pain……………..
Solidified lava becomes stone and visible when it cools and from this we get the concept of the Troll. Both Dwarfs and Trolls are favourites of volcanically active countries such as Iceland.
On turning about, they saw sitting at the table an immense figure, which Orm instantly recognised ….. He was now a cold and hard stone… the stone image remained sitting in the house, no human power was able to remove it.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Brittany - Corrigans, Lutins, Nains and Follets
- Bryson, Bill - On microbes
- Cornwall - The Miners who saw the Pixies
- Dadd, Richard - The Fairy feller’s master-stroke
- Dickinson, Emily - The Outer from the Inner Derives its magnitude
- DMT - Circus, clowns and Jokers
- DMT - Seeing elves via DMT therapy
- Gambier Bolton, Robert – The Conditions needed to obtain a materialisation – 07 Do not use hypnosis, it results in materialisations that are conjured entirely from the perceptions of the sitters or sensitive
- Joscelyn Godwin - Celts and Scandinavians
- Keightley, Thomas - Brown dwarfs
- Keightley, Thomas - Coal and gold
- Keightley, Thomas - Duegar
- Keightley, Thomas - Dwarfs and Bjergfolk
- Keightley, Thomas - Dwarfs and trolls
- Keightley, Thomas - Miners seeing dwarfs
- Keightley, Thomas - Stromkarl
- Keightley, Thomas - The Girl at the Troll Dance
- Myths and legends - The Fairy Mythology - The favour and kindness of the Dwarfs
- Paracelsus - extract from Scritti alchemici e magici
- Poetic Edda - Sayings of the High One [extract]
- Poetic Edda - The Ballad of Alvis [exract]
- Ritter, Christiane - The Trolls of Bock Bay
- Seven Ages of Man - 06 Dwarfs/The Neanderthals - various sources
- Seven Ages of Man - 06 Dwarfs/The Neanderthals – Keightley and Mithen
- Seven Ages of Man - 06 Dwarfs/The Neanderthals – Keightley and The Hill people
- Steiner, Rudolf - Nature spirits - The spirits of minerals, viruses and bacteria
- The Ancestors - Kit’s Coty House
- The Calculation of the Sigui - By the Dogon, the Bambara, the Bozo and the Minianka
- Thorlacius - Noget Om Thor og Hans Hammer