Symbols - What does heaven look like
A whirlwind is essentially a tunnel symbolically. Generally speaking however it is very specifically related to chakras.
Our spiritual body, along with numerous other energy bodies, has a large number of chakras, which are the receivers and also it appears the emitters of energy. The chakras seen in many hallucinations [hallucinations because the image is superimposed on the physical body] are whirlpool or whirlwind like spinning whirling energy.
When we go out of body it is usually through these chakras and as a consequence we appear to be going through a whirlpool or whirlwind or other similarly moving energy vortex. As you can see from the diagram above we can go ‘down’ figuratively speaking and ‘up’.
If you encounter a whirlwind you are generally taken out of your body and ‘up’ .
Interestingly there is a often a noise associated with out of body experiences that can be like the roar of a whirlwind.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- 2 Kings 2
- Blithe spirit - I almost reached the Light
- Braveheart - Meeting three spirit helpers
- Brunton, Dr Paul - A Search in Secret Egypt - A night inside the Great Pyramid 3
- Brunton, Dr Paul - A Search in Secret Egypt - A night inside the Great Pyramid 4
- Cameron, Norman - Lying in fever, while tornado weather
- Carlyle, Thomas - Sartor Resartus - For a Teufelsdrockh will not love a second time
- Cirlot on spirals
- Cirlot on the swastika
- Clement of Alexandria - Protrepticus - Describes the Dionysian mysteries
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - The Night Scene
- Constance Newland - Myself and I
- Dr Robert Crookall - More Astral projections – Mrs J. Watkin, a Baptist from Hove has an OBE
- Enûma Eliš - Fourth Tablet
- Ezekiel 1 and 2
- Father Bernabe Cobo - Inca Religion and Customs - The god of Thunder
- Gaudi - Professional work - 10 Casa Milà La Pedrera
- Guthrie, Woody - Heaven
- Hennell, Thomas - A landscape of grass meadows
- Jacques Cambry - Voyage dans le Finistère - A Celtic legend
- Koestler, Arthur - Janus - Wormholes
- Koestler, Arthur - Return trip to Nirvana - Mushrooms
- Led Zeppelin - Down By the Seaside
- Lyall Watson - Diviners and initiation by water beings
- Ogotommeli - Spirals
- Ovid - Metamorphoses - Birth of Bacchus
- Plato - Republic X - 02 Tale of Er
- Plutarch – The Vision of Aridæus 05
- Prescott Hall and Minnie Keeler communicate with ‘soi-disant Oriental masters’ on the mechanisms of OBEs
- Rig veda - Soma
- Ta Ssu Ming - Open wide the door of heaven
- The Xi shi (惜誓 "Sorrow for Troth Betrayed")
- Xam bushmen - Creation myth
- Yram - On portals
- Yram - Whirlwinds