Symbols - What does heaven look like
Means of transport
This is a terrible play on words but is accurate.
When one has a spiritual experience – is ‘transported’ one often perceives oneself in some form of vehicle or on an animal.
Riding on something is different to becoming something. Thus if you feel yourself to be a bird or an animal this is not a means of transport it has completely different symbolism.
People do not, for example, become chariots. They ride chariots and they may see chariots, but they do not become chariots.
On the other hand if you become something – a bird or animal for example, you are perceiving yourself as a person with characteristics similar to the animal or bird you have become. This is technically speaking shape shifting.
All the means of transport have their own symbolism and are constructed for us according to our ideas of what a suitable form of transport would be. Thus we might see a car or a train for example or we might even be in a plane. Every means of transport has a symbolic meaning attached to it which may be personal or universal in its symbolism. Boats, planes, trains, arks, baskets, carpets, cars, chariots, saucers, ferries, bicycles – all may have their own meaning and symbolism.
The table below provides a summary with links, but is not an exhaustive list, if you do not see the means of transport in the list try the symbol section
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A Gift From God Ibogaine by C
- Braveheart - The hill and the plain
- Custance, John - Wisdom, Madness and Folly - The atavistic tendencies of mania
- David Lewis-Williams - Cave art
- Goethe - Faust Part 1
- Goldi shaman - Siberian Shamanism - The spirit helper
- Green, Celia - Example lucid dreams
- Hokusai’s floating world
- Into The Flood Ibogaine, iboga Total Aklaloid Extract by Xorkoth
- Keightley, Thomas - The myth of Iskrzycki
- Kepler, Johannes - Notes from Somnium
- Kepler, Johannes - The Daemon from Levania from Somnium
- Mayan - Popol Vuh - 14 The shape shifting of Plumed Serpent
- Mircea Eliade - On stags and flying
- Morrells, Luce a flying saucer and little girl with bunches
- Morrells, Luce and glace fruit and ambassadors
- Morrells, Luce and Minis spinning
- Morrells, Luce and paths
- Morrells, Luce and the dead duck
- Morrells, Luce and two houses on a hill
- No Boundaries Ibogaine by TPTB
- Oliver Sacks - Little Devils on a bicycle
- Paul Devereux - Num and shape shifting
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dream of October 1949
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dreams of Rings, Circles, Eggs and Stars
- Reichel-Dolmatoff – Amazonian Cosmos - Shamanic transformation
- Rig veda - Tree of Life
- Rops, Felicien – La Legende du sexes
- Russell, George William - Song and its Fountain
- Spectacular, Sacramental Meeting Ibogaine by Bjorn C.
- Tarot - 04 Minor Arcana - 06s Union
- The Ai shi ming (哀時命 "Alas That My Lot Was Not Cast")
- The legend of Kartikeya
- The Owl as the Vahana of Lashmi