Symbols - What does heaven look like
The deer is a means of transport. Its antlers are symbolic of the Tree of life and it has similar symbolism for northern races as the Horse and is as such a messenger of the gods. The stag and deer together also take on some of the symbolism of the Creator and Created - Bull and Cow, Father and Mother etc. There is also some symbolism borrowed from the Twin horns.
Artemis was one of the most widely venerated of the Ancient Greek deities. Some scholars believe that the name, and indeed the goddess herself, was originally pre-Greek. Homer refers to her as "The Mistress of Animals, Artemis of the Wilds" ………. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity, fertility, young girls and disease in women and often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. …...Many myths and legends involve Artemis and deers or stags.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Leopard and the Deer
- Dinnshenchas – The shape shifting of Faifne the poet and his sister Aige
- Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite - Norwegian Bridal Procession
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 042 Section 3
- Lame Deer - Native American Indians - The Elk Dreamer
- M A Czaplicka - Siberian shaman’s dress
- Mircea Eliade - On the shaman who met the reindeer women
- Mircea Eliade - Rebirth In the cave of the Reindeer woman
- Nizami - Laili and Majnun - 02
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 10, Chapter 20 – Autumn in Vrindâvana
- Shih Ching - In the wilds there is a dead doe
- Song of Solomon 2
- Song of Solomon 8
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 2415
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 3908
- The Manuals of Taoist Sexual Practise – Joining Yin and Yang 02
- The Manuals of Taoist Sexual Practise – Talk on Supreme Guidance for the World 10
- Totem group – Picts – Elements - Angels and Deer [Aether]
- Wild wood