Symbols - What does heaven look like
SceptreThe sceptre is just one of many symbols that represent the Ecstatic state.
It is often to be found with the Crown and the Orb. Although these symbols are now used by Kings and Queens who have no connection with the spiritual world, these symbols once signified a person who had become a ‘queen’ or a ‘king’ within the spiritual world.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - The sceptre as a symbol
- Ancient Egyptian - The symbolism of the god Seker
- Blake, William - The Great Red Dragon and the Beast from the Sea
- Crowley - 3 The Empress
- Crowley - 4 The Emperor
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - Melencolia
- Enûma Eliš - Fourth Tablet
- Holderlin, Johann - Patmos
- Kahuna - British Museum Deity Image showing the Aura
- Kahuna - British Museum Deity Images showing the Higher spirit
- Karnataka and South India - 07 Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple
- King's cross
- Minchiate and Visconti-Sforza - 7 - The Chariot
- Misc. source - Mayan - The 'priest'
- Moreau - Jason 1865
- Myōe – There was a pole made of lapis lazuli hanging from the sky
- Nuremberg Chronicle - Emperor and Empress
- Palenque - Mayan - Wall panels and inscriptions
- Poetic Edda - Grimnir's sayings [Extract]
- Rider-Waite - 3 The Empress
- Russell, George William - Candle of Vision
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Abu Simbel
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 01 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Hermes-Thoth
- The Marriage of Philology and Mercury - Maid 6
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 01
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 08
- Tikal - Mayan - Stela 16
- Various examples - 4 The Emperor