Symbols - What does heaven look like
The symbolic attainment of the ascending path up the soul is often seen in visions and also symbolically represented in texts as a lotus.
A lotus is an ideal symbol.
It has its roots in the ‘Earth’, its leaves float on the Water layer , its stem then rises up through the Air and its flower opens up like a crown chakra as the Higher Spirit accepts spiritual nourishment from the Sun [the Creator] – see Trinity symbolism. It is also roughly speaking in the shape of a cross, the sign of the ascent of man and the cardinal directions in the Egg.
The Buddha sits on a lotus – he has gone beyond his own soul cone and is in the Creator/Created section having united with his Higher Spirit.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Bose, Sir Jagadis Chandra - from Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda 02
- Cirlot on the levels and layers
- Eliot, T S - Four Quartets - 01 Burnt Norton I
- Goryeo sijo - Chong Ch’ol
- Haig, Matt - Reasons to stay alive - 05 Know thyself
- Han Shan - Encounters with Cold Mountain Translated by Peter Stambler - GARDENING IN AUTUMN
- Heine, Heinrich - The lotus flower doth languish
- Hiroshige’s bell
- Kabir - I know of a strange tree
- Krishna receives reflexology stimulation
- Krishna, Gopi - kundalini - some background
- Kubler-Ross, Dr Elisabeth - Has both an OBE and a 'Peak experience'
- Master Naong - Song of the Pure Land
- Mirabai - Unbreakable
- Morrells, Luce and flying on a magic carpet
- Ravidas – from the Adi Granth 29
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 10, Chapter 15 – The ladies of Vraja, like bees searching for honey
- S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM – Canto 10, Chapter 20 – Autumn in Vrindâvana
- Sacred geography - Ancient Egyptian - Temples with pronaos
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 02 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – Isis and Osiris
- Shinto kundalini figurine
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 1744
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 2415
- Surdas - Fatephur Sikri manuscript - NPS 901
- Tarot - 07 Minor Arcana - 03s Love, Kindness and compassion [Intuition]
- Tarot - 08 Minor Arcana - 02s Balance
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - The Lotus Eaters - A land of streams! Some, like a downward smoke
- The Seokguram Grotto
- Tibetan Book of the Dead - Visualising the Crown Chakra
- Tulsidas - Vinaya Patrika 48
- Zimmer, Dr Heinrich - Adi-sesa