Symbols - What does heaven look like
A Giant is the personification symbolically of an Intelligence with a very very large number of functions. A synonymous term is a Titan.
To understand the concept of a Giant we need to go back to the Intelligence hierarchy.
All Spirit Entities can create subtypes of themselves and they are organised into a hierarchy.
Only the Intelligences at the bottom of the hierarchy with relatively few functions are able to produce physical copies of themselves; at the higher levels in the hierarchy you have Intelligences that contain a vast number of functions– extremely powerful ‘large’ in the sense of its functional diversity . These are the Giants.
Giants also symbolically represent extremely powerful earth forces, such as those that formed the earth, or create earthquakes. The two sorts of symbolic meaning are not at odds, as functionally these systems are extremely complex.
It is worth noting that the literal existence of giants as very large humans has a great deal of support from the archaelogical evidence that has emerged from around the world. As the idea of varieties of human being that don't fit the 'descended fom the ape' model that the neo-Darwinian religions espouse, the tendency has been for the photos of these remains to be removed and the remains found to be buried in the basement of museums never to reappear again. But enough [non photo-shopped] photos have emerged to convince the more open minded that the myths of giants are not myths and that they were perhaps one of the seven ages of man.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Beowulf - The Flood #000368
- Blithe spirit - The exit of the giants August 2015 #017517
- Cirlot on giants #002733
- Clement of Alexandria - Protrepticus - Describes the Dionysian mysteries #013280
- Hesiod - Theogony - 03 Order of creation #015267
- Hesiod - Theogony - The Muses #015263
- Homer - The Odyssey - The city of the Laestrygonians #002573
- Masters and Houston - Giants, Beasts and Titons #015539
- Morrells, Luce and frost giants #002816
- Myths and legends - Seitherin ap Seitherin - the keeper of the sea wall #026578
- Norse - Jelling #017136
- Paracelsus - extract from Scritti alchemici e magici #016113
- Poetic Edda - Sayings of the High One [extract] #007311
- Poetic Edda - Sayings of the High One [extract] #008212
- Poetic Edda - The Ballad of Alvis [exract] #008224
- Poetic Edda - Völuspá [extract] #007150
- Poetic Edda - Völuspá [extract] #007154
- Rimbaud, Arthur - This idol, black eyed and blonde topped, without parents or playground #002813
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man - The Poetic Edda, Virgil and LSD #021790
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man – Archeological finds 01 #022082
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man – Archeological finds 02 #022083
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man – Archeological finds 03 #022084
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man – Archeological finds 04 #022085
- Seven Ages of Man - 03 The Giants/Penghu Man – Archeological finds 05 #022086
- The Liezi - 列子 "Book of Master Lie" - Chapter 5 #010795
- Totem group – Picts – Sign of Zodiac - Giant #026590