Symbols - What does heaven look like
In symbol systems where sexual techniques are used, the knife is the equivalent of the 'short sword'. The long sword is then the pelvis and spine through which kundalini energy travels and the short sword is the penis!
This is why in various 'martial arts' disciplines there is reference to the use of the short sword and the long sword - particularly Qigong, which uses sexual techniques extensively.
In less specific contexts the knife is a symbol of cutting away - paring down, cutting out, sacrificing something. Getting to the essence of something, so perhaps pencil cutting with a knife means to cut out the waffle and home in on the essence!
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 07 - 1 A Mad Tea Party
- Braveheart - An island hut and pencil case
- Braveheart - Pencil case soldier and YORK
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The Second Day
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Wound of Amfortas
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - Melencolia
- Egyptian Book of the Dead - Spell 149
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Chance meeting 'hind the shrubs
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Endless mansion
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Touchingly touching things
- Simon, Paul - When numbers get serious
- Three Blind Mice
- Tikal - Mayan - Stela 16