Introduction and description
Arctostaphylos uva-ursi is a plant species of the genus Arctostaphylos (manzanita). Its common names include kinnikinnick and pinemat manzanita, and it is one of several related species referred to as bearberry.
It is a fascinating plant because its berries can be classified as a food with healing ability, whilst the leaves of the plant are medicinal. Thus we have created two entries - one for the medicinal leaves - where the medicine is known as Uva Ursi, and one for the food under the heading bearberry. Dr Duke's analysis of the biological activities and chemicals of the plant is linked to both entries so that it is accessible both ways.
more details later
- Bruno, Giordano – On Magic - Verbena 016084
- Dr Duke's list of aluminium chelating plants 017803
- Dr Duke's list of Chemicals and their Biological Activities in: Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (L.) SPRENGEL (Ericaceae) -- Bearberry, Uva Ursi 018300
- Dr Duke's list of medicinal plants with multiple chemical analgesic activity 017960
- Dr Duke's list of plants having chemicals with vasodilatory activity 017836
- Dr Duke's list of plants to help with Crohn's disease 017765
- Dr Duke's list of plants with hemopoietic effects - 2 All plants with activity 012485
- Gonhorroea and herbs 010386