Rolling Thunder - Beyond Biofeedback by Drs Elmer and Alyce Green – Metaphysical beliefs
Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Beyond Biofeedback – Drs Elmer and Alyce Green
We had a number of opportunities to talk with Rolling Thunder during the time Doug was working with him, and from those contacts and Doug's observations we learned a great deal more about the similarities between the teachings of the traditional Native American and the yogic philosophies of the East, including:
1. The unity of all things. Everything is a manifestation of spirit, whether called the Great Spirit of the American Indian or the Brahman of the East Indian.
2. All things have a form of consciousness.
3. There are forces of light (good) and forces of darkness (evil)
4. The existence of spiritual cause and effect (karma) and rebirth (reincarnation) .
5. Man's inner nature is identical with the nature of the universe (man is the microcosm, the universe the macrocosm).
6. There are subtle energies that can be directed by volition and there are centers of such energies in the human body.
7. Psychic powers are both natural and potential in every person. They are not necessarily spiritual.
8. Discipline and purification of body and mind are requirements for spiritual development.
9. The principle of harmlessness.
10. The principle of service.
The source of the experienceRolling Thunder
Concepts, symbols and science items
ConceptsCause effect chain