Symbols - What does heaven look like
The cat has no specific symbolic meaning, but it is frequently associated with various Nordic goddesses and is found as a revered animal in Ancient Egyptian art and culture. The following is helpful
Paul Devereux – Shamanism and the Mystery lines
Freya is closely associated with Frigg in Norse myth, and the two are generally considered to be the same mythological character, with Frigg emphasising the maternal principle and Freya fertility.
Freya …. was the teacher of seidhr, a form of trance divination. ….This was women's magic and the seidhkona would travel around farmsteads and hamlets predicting the future.... In the course of divination, the seidhkona would go into trance and have an out-of-body experience. It was therefore clearly shamanic.
The practitioners of seidhr also wore animal costumes, with gloves made of catskin; Freya's carriage is said to have been pulled by cats and she has been depicted in the cloak of a seidhkona flying on the back of a large striped cat.
It is thus clear where the idea of the witch's cat familiar came from. Grey also owned a magic feather garment that enabled her to fly. She it was who taught Odin to fly, which he was able to do after donning a garment of falcon feathers. Again we have the hint that the secrets of magical flight - of ecstatic trance - were passed on to men by women long ago
....so again a cat is a favourite animal for shape shifting.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A Psycho-Spiritual Experience Ibogaine by KBF #017434
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 02 - 3 The Mouse #011106
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 05 - 1 Advice from a Caterpillar #011113
- Alice in Wonderland - Ch 06 - 4 Cheshire cat #011119
- Brihad-Aranyaka Upanishad #008263
- Crowley - 10 Wheel of Fortune #007503
- Fell about in a catatonic state #007119
- Godwin, Joscelyn - On butterflies #000740
- Grant Gronewald - HTML flowers - Hospital is where we put people nobody likes #012665
- Healer H - An enormous caterpillar unusually wide #000874
- Healer H - The lights upon them is what keeps them connected #000876
- Hey diddle diddle #007461
- Jack Sprat #010649
- Lear, Edward - The Owl and the Pussy-Cat #020147
- Levy-Dhurmer - La Sorcière, 1897 #007562
- Ludlow, Fitz Hugh - Reliving his life #015556
- Mutwa, Vusamazulu Credo - On butterflies #000728
- Norse - Jelling #017136
- Seeress of Prevorst, the - The Sun circles #022811
- Spencer, Stanley - Portraits 03 #019393
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 19 - The Lovers (The Dustman) #019405
- The Sundering of the Veil MDMA & 1P-LSD by Brother23 #020266
- The Supreme teaching #007192
- There was a crooked man #011174
- This is the house that Jack built #008192