Symbols - What does heaven look like
In order to make the Higher spirit. alchemically one purifies oneself and thus is burnt by fire, the coal is burnt. The analogy of course somewhat breaks down because literally speaking carbon is compressed to make diamond, but it is relatively easy to understand as symbols go.
Coal is also dark – the symbol of the Conscious self.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Chagall - the fiddler
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - Apologia Pro Vita Sua
- Dante - Paradiso - Purification by Light
- Deng Ming-Dao - Each day
- Desnos, Robert - Identity Of Images (Identite des Images)
- Dionysius the Areopagite - Celestial Hierarchy - Fire
- Frost, Robert - Never tell me that not one star of all
- Healer H - Having a board meeting
- Keightley, Thomas - Coal and gold
- Lalla - My mind boomed with the sound of OM
- Mircea Eliade - The Maypole and the Sweep
- Nietzsche - Thus spake Zarathustra - Become hard
- Ovid - Metamorphoses - The Story of Coronis and Birth of Aesculapius
- Proust, Marcel - Collected Poems - Number 53 [extract]:
- Ripley, Sir George - Philalethes exposition of Ripley's Vision
- Saint Brendan - 15 The Voyage of Saint Brendan
- Yassawi - 23 HIKMET 106
- Zohar - I 050b – Sacrifice and the making of a ‘god’
- Zohar - I 050b – The allegory of the candle