Category: Medicines - plant based
Introduction and description
Pueraria montana is a species of plant in the botanical family Fabaceae. At least three sub-species (alternatively called varieties) are known. It is closely related to other species in the genus Pueraria (P. edulis and P. phaseoloides) and the common name kudzu is used for all of these species and hybrids between them.
The morphological differences between them are subtle, they can breed with each other, and it appears that introduced kudzu populations in the United States have ancestry from more than one of the species.
more details later
- Dr Duke's list of activity for the chemical Daidzein 017895
- Dr Duke's list of Plants Containing QUERCETIN 021446
- Dr Duke's list of plants having chemicals with vasodilatory activity 017836
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Anticephalagic activity 018363
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antidiabetic activity 018473
- Dr Duke's list of Plants with Antihypertensive activity 018444
- Dr Duke's list of plants with high concentrations of chemicals with vasodilatory activity 017835