Near death from accidental inhalation of gasoline
Type of Spiritual Experience
Bill was a 50 year old when he gave this account of the time, aged nine, when he was working on his family farm. He was siphoning gas out of a tractor when he accidentally inhaled it. Inhaled gasoline can cause rapid or fulminating pneumonia, which in this case cut off his oxygen.
A description of the experience
All of a sudden I couldn't move. I found myself floating into a dark tunnel. I saw light and the closer I floated to it, the more I liked it. When I got to the portal opening to the light and was just ready to step through, I felt a combination of relief, joy and pleasure. I just wanted to be inside the light.
Suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed me.... 'well Bill it's not your time this time. You have a job to do'
Suddenly I was above my body. I saw my brother below me. I saw my father rush to him and I heard him say 'My God, my God'. I felt okay. I wasn't afraid. Then I saw my brother racing across the fields. I saw my dad shaking me and I was spitting out gasoline and gagging and choking and then I came to.
The source of the experienceOrdinary person
Concepts, symbols and science items
Activities and commonsteps
OverloadsInhaling volatiles and gases
Closer to the Light – Dr M Morse