Memory and systems
The entire database which is our Memory actually consists of a collection of mental models of various systems of the universe – both natural and man made.
Various factors determine how a mental model is developed – personality, emotions, objectives and so on, and thus determine what mental models we build. At any one time we may have a number of parts of the entire mental model on the go and actively being built, a few ideas floating around with nowhere to go, but on the other hand of interest just because, for example of their novelty. We may also have old models which we have in a sense ‘archived’ – they are there still, but we don’t use them.
So, we may have several mental models on the go at once, but one predominating one and if we suddenly change from one to another we may also appear to have undergone a transformation – almost a change of personality because we behave differently.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Al-Ghazzali - The Alchemy of Happiness - 05 On what prevents spiritual experience #018771
- Arthur, James D - 11 No memory no language #011327
- Asvaghosha - The Awakening of Faith in the Mahayana - Spiritual interactions #016356
- Asvaghosha - The Awakening of Faith in the Mahayana - The problems of the 5 senses #016332
- Bergson, Henri - Matter and Memory - The Dangers of Memory #015019
- Boethius - The Consolation of Philosophy - On Good and Evil and the Great Work #022008
- Chesterton, G K - Orthodoxy - Reason is itself a matter of faith #015033
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Battle of the Ants #012905
- Damasio, Professor Antonio - Remembering #014816
- Damasio, Professor Antonio - The lying memory #011008
- Goethe - Faust Part 1 #010831
- Grof, Dr Stanislav - Rebuilding memory from perceptions #011054
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 060 Section 5 #013467
- Krishnamurti - The Network of Thought - You, the ego… the me is just memory #013522
- Leibniz - The Monadology - 03 #020585
- Mach, Ernst - The limitations of memory and the 5 senses #014183
- Masters and Houston - False memories true perceptions #015554
- Omar Khayyam - On Creed and Belief systems #008283
- Ramachandran, Dr V S - The distortion of perceptions to fit belief systems #013531
- Reichel-Dolmatoff – Amazonian Cosmos - Wisdom vs knowledge #011619
- Research paper - Visual Awareness and the Detection of Fearful Faces #014337
- Sacks, Oliver - On Inner speech #014343
- Steiner, Rudolf - Nature spirits - Thoughts #013755
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - In Memoriam A H H - Who loves not Knowledge? #013878
- Vaughan, Henry - The Pursuit #012644
- Wells, H G - War, environmental degradation and hate #015492
- Whitman, Walt - Leaves of Grass - Hurrah for positive science #010996