Symbols - What does heaven look like
In dreams, visions etc
If we see an old or wise man – bearded, somewhat ancient, slightly benevolent , we are seeing a symbolic image of our own Higher spirit – very exciting.
The image is intended to capture the idea of ‘someone’ who can inspire, threaten, motivate and cajole, protect and provide us with wisdom, guidance, inspiration, occasional admonishment and dreams, visions and hallucinations.
Take notice of this spirit. Firstly this is you and you as you will be for eternity! Second this spirit knows best.
In order to help us the Old Man may appear slightly perverse, almost our opposite in order to get us to do the right thing and fulfil our destiny. The Old Man is there to make you think, not just help and support.
If you see the child juxtaposed with an Old Man, then you are seeing the transition from the old you to the new you, or as Cirlot put it ‘the stage of life when the old man, transformed, acquires a new simplicity….. hence the conception of the child as the mystic centre’.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Braveheart - Flying on pencils #007938
- Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - The First Day #010650
- Genesis - That's me #012038
- Goosey goosey gander #000465
- Healer H - I’m the Fagan with the kids #000852
- Healer H - The lights upon them is what keeps them connected #000876
- Hokusai - shunga #003391
- Ludlow, Fitz Hugh - Demons #010482
- Morrells, Luce and painting the large black bird #007798
- Morrells, Luce and the poodle #005205
- Mutus Liber 02 #016194
- Pauli, Wolfgang - The Dream of the Flaming Mountain #019744
- Rebecca Martin's near death experience #007391
- The Twelve Keys of Basil Valentine - Key 01 #016004
- Uxmal - Mayan - West Building canopy figure #011700
- Whiteman, J H M meets the Old Man #007977
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Vision of Zosimos - 07 #015923