Symbols - What does heaven look like
Wood has different symbolic meanings depending on the system within which it is being used.
In eastern symbolism it is one of the 5 Chinese elements and is symbolically the beginning of any cycle of change. The alternative name for this stage is 'tree'. It is a time of growth. In the spiritual path it corresponds approximately to Dawn. The corresponding colour to this stage is Green see the 5 Chinese elements correspondences
See also Tree.
Its colour too aids this symbolism as brown is often used to symbolise Earth.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Auden, W H - September 1st, 1939
- Benjamin, Walter - On Hashish - Out of the cracks grow great tufts of hair
- Braveheart - Enters a castle
- Cirlot on snakes and serpents
- Clare, John - I love to see these chimney sweeps sail by
- Coleridge, Samuel Taylor - The Picture
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Drooping Sunflower
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Vigil of St Hubert
- Green, Celia - A lucid dream
- Healer H - Babies everywhere
- Healer H - Having a board meeting
- Homer - The Odyssey - The city of the Laestrygonians
- London Bridge is falling down
- Magritte, Rene - Discovery
- Magritte, Rene - Time Transfixed
- Malevich, Kazimir - The Carpenter
- Millais, John Everett - Christ in the house of his parents
- Morrells, Luce and the egg
- Norse - Trollkyrka blot
- Ogotommeli - Drums
- Plato - Critias - Atlantis and Athens
- Rig Veda - Weaving the Matrix
- Saint Brendan - 02 The Voyage of Saint Brendan
- Sarah near death
- Segantini - Rückkehr vom Wald 1890