Symbols - What does heaven look like
A silk worm is a symbol of the spirit of a human being, being soft, it weaves [thus we take the symbolism of weaving] a cocoon with its spiral thread [thread and cord] thus in a sense the cocoon is symbolically like a hill and the spiritual path.
Eventually the cocoon will produce a butterfly again employing the symbolism of the butterfly.
Hence the cocoon and silk worm are symbols of the soul on the spiritual path.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancestors, the - Art - Anthropomorphic Female Neolithic ceramic figurine
- Castaneda, Carlos - A Separate Reality - The Aura
- Dickinson, Emily - Cocoon above! Cocoon below, Stealthy cocoon, why hide you so
- Godwin, Joscelyn - On butterflies
- Hockney, David - Li Shangyin - Untitled poem
- Lilly, John - On LSD and butterflies
- Madame Camille Selden - Heinrich Heine's death
- Magician Lu - Immortality and Reincarnation – Alexandra David-Neel
- Millais, John Everett - The Black Brunswicker
- Ramakrishna - Hymns of Ramakrishna - The silk worm patiently prepares
- W.Y. Evans-Wentz - The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries - The cocoon