Symbols - What does heaven look like
The Smith is symbolically the Creator, thus anyone with the job of a Smith or Blacksmith was, in effect, a Co-creator.
The Creator forged the world using symbolic Fire. The blacksmith was someone who handled fire on a physical basis in order to create, so again there was a symbolic link.
Smiths are also by their nature able to work metals. But symbolically Metals also have a meaning. So symbolically the Smith was not a worker of physical metals, he or she was a spiritual teacher able to help people along the spiritual path.
A blacksmith or smith could also be a shaman who obtained spiritual experience via Sexual stimulation, Sex magick or Making love.
The lungs were then symbolically the bellows.
The hammer or mallet was the penis and balls. The hammer’s handle was the spine.
The anvil was the woman with the spine and coccyx.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Cirlot on blacksmiths
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Vigil of St Hubert
- Deng Ming-Dao - Each day
- Desnos, Robert - Dove In The Arch
- Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite - Norwegian Bridal Procession
- Indus valley - Dholavira - 06 The ‘Smithy’
- Intelligences - ELEMENTS FIRE Gibil
- Keightley, Thomas - Dwarfs and trolls
- Lalla - Charge your bellows with breath
- Lalla - Forgetful one, get up
- Lethbridge, T C - ESP Beyond Time and Distance – Iron as a charm against hostile magic
- Mircea Eliade - The Blacksmith
- Mircea Eliade - The Eagle in Buryat and Yakut legend
- Mircea Eliade - The Smith and Blacksmiths
- Mircea Eliade - The Yakut and Buryat Smith
- Mutwa, Vusamazulu Credo - And Nommo
- Ogotommeli - Weaving the universe
- Rimbaud, Arthur - There; the little dead girl, behind the rosebushes
- Saint Brendan - 14 The Voyage of Saint Brendan
- Seven Ages of Man - Thomas Keightley - Why did the Ancestors 'fail' or cease to thrive?
- Spencer, Stanley - Symbolism 10 - The Blacksmith's Yard
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Smithy [Abstract Patterns]
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Smithy [Anvil, hammer and tongs]
- Symbols – Picts – Sacred site - Smithy [Tuning fork]
- The Ancestors - Wayland’s Smithy
- Totem group – Picts – Elements - The Smith [Fire]