Symbols - What does heaven look like
There are two alternative symbolic associations for grapes but both have the same meaning, grapes are the source of spiritual input.
Grapes hanging down
You will not be able to understand this section unless you have read and understood the following
If you glance back at the picture I used to show the organisation in the Egg – see Egg and levels you will that the Egg is a sort of tiered structure with numerous pieces of software – programs of the universe Functions – at different vibrational levels, you can see that symbolically at least they look like a bunch of grapes – and indeed symbolically that is exactly how they have been represented.
There is some very good symbolism at work here, because grapes produce Wine.
|Here we see the god who was called by the Greeks Dionysos and by the Romans Bacchus. He has a bowl holding grapes, the grapes are pointing down because he is a god [the cone is upended]. He is also holding a Crystal glass, which has the shape of a Cup or chalice.|
Grapes pointing up
When the grapes point upwards they can also represent the pineal gland and shows you are in receipt of spiritual energy.
In a literal sense, wine helps lower the inhibitions and also aids in the increase of calcification of the pineal gland and hence in the likelihood of more sexual energy.
But wine is associated with Dionysos and Dionysos is the god of wine. He may also personify an actual person who brought wine and wine making to Greece.
So all the symbolism ties in, there is spiritual wine from gods like Dionysus when the bunch of grapes is pointing down and upturned grapes to receive that energy where they represent the pineal gland.
2nd century Roman statue of Dionysus,
after a Hellenistic model in the Louvre.
Notice the mix of male and female
characteristics [androgyny] and the
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Boehme, Jacob - Theosophische Wercke Amsterdam 1682 #016104
- Caravaggio - Basket of fruit #002636
- Crowley - 0 The Fool #007482
- Crowley - 2 High Priestess #007487
- Delville, Jean - Eleusis #004799
- Delville, Jean - Plato’s disciples #002779
- Eleusinian Mysteries - Thesmophoria - Opium #016291
- Hawker, Robert Stephen - The Vine - Hearken, there is in old Morwenna's shrine #001809
- Homer - The Odyssey - The Garden of Alcinous #013379
- Khnopff, Fernand - Maske #002610
- Khusrau, Amir - Ghazal 1012 [extract] #020618
- Lal Shahbaz Qalandar - The juice of the grape #013245
- Lowell, James Russell - I have drunk of the wine of immortals #001479
- Mircea Eliade discusses the Epic of Gilgamesh #001811
- Mircea Eliade – Mishna and the Tree of Knowledge #001810
- Omar Khayyam - The Rubaiyat - Leaden Metal into Gold #008282
- Ripley, Sir George - Philalethes exposition of Ripley's Vision #015954
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel - Damsel of the Sanct Grail #010580
- Rubens - Drunken Silenus #010582
- Rubens - The drunken Hercules #010583
- Rubens - Two Satyrs #001866
- Saint Brendan - 10 The Voyage of Saint Brendan #015600
- Song of Solomon 7 #008138
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Vision of Zosimos - 05 #015921