Symbols - What does heaven look like
In some eastern thought it represents the type of spiritual experience we know of as an hallucination. For example in the “Dzogchen doctrine of the triunic complex of the manifestation of energy” Dang [gDang] is described as “the energy in which ‘internal’ and ‘external’ are not divided from that which manifests”. It is symbolised by the crystal sphere because the sphere becomes the colour of whatever it is placed upon. So an hallucination.
But see also Crystal in legend and folklore.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Andrew Lang - Malagasy far seeing #001250
- Da Vinci, Leonardo - Beautiful men - Salvator Mundi #010813
- Dixon, Jeane - 'My cup runneth over' #004653
- Escher - crystal ball #007266
- Fort, Charles - The Book of the Damned – Unusual archaeological artefacts #015747
- Healer H - Having a board meeting #000875
- Kakuzo, Okakura - The Book of Tea - The process #010784
- Linda Green on Forgetting #000951
- Waterhouse, John William - The Crystal Ball #001227