A state in which one is not only aware of the spiritual world's existence but has an understanding of
- spiritual concepts
- spiritual symbolism
- the stages on the spiritual path and the spiritual path itself - why are we here.
- the general organisation of heaven
- where the spiritual world can be 'found'
- the generic mechanism by which spiritual experience is obtained
- the concept of the spirit entity and the hierarchy of spirit entities
- the differences in suppression and overload and the activities by which one can progress on the spiritual path as well as those that may accidentally propel you on it
- the types of spiritual experience one may encounter and how they work
There are four types of experience associated with enlightenment and the wisdom acquired is often gradually filtered through as each experience is obtained. Of the experiences shown below, the kundalini experience may or may not be a precursor stage. The last three experiences, however, are specific stages of enlightenment.
- Kundalini – a precursor stage to moksha and nirvana, in which energy travels up and down the spine. It may or may not result in Ecstasy. A very early stage of enlightenment
- Ecstasy - the communication channels are opened to the Higher spirit but there is no merge. The start of the enlightenment process.
- Moksha and nirvana – You merge with your composer. This is often referred to as the ‘chemical wedding’. An advanced stage of enlightenment.
- Annihilation– the personality is annihilated and ‘you’ as a personality cease to exist. The Higher spirit then takes over, but in effect you become ‘divine’ – a sort of ‘god’ completely in touch with the spiritual world at all its levels. Full enlightenment.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- 101 Zen stones - Gudo and the Emperor
- Andrija Puharich - Mushrooms, Parasols and Crowns
- Asvaghosha - The Awakening of Faith in the Mahayana - Enlightenment
- Asvaghosha - The Awakening of Faith in the Mahayana - The reason for reincarnation
- Buddha - Diamond sutra - 09 Once returner
- Buddha - Diamond sutra - 17 Consummation of Incomparable Enlightenment
- Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming – Qigong Meditation Embryonic Breathing - On the Shen
- Drukpa Kunley - 01 And his methods of enlightenment
- Eleanor C Merry - The Flaming Door - The Bardic cult
- Gasan Jōseki - from 101 Zen stones
- Jami - The Nightingale
- Professor John Archibald Wheeler - The Black hole is the source of enlightenment
- Shaivism - Concepts and symbols - Annihilation and moksha
- Tzu, Lao - In keeping the spirit and the vital soul together