Symbols - What does heaven look like
A monkey is symbolically equivalent to the subconscious. In effect it represents the combined emotions, perception function, nervous system and the autonomic system very specifically the sexual system.
Thus if you see a chained money or a monkey otherwise subdued it could mean your subconscious is either repressed or under control. Small monkeys probably indicate someone whose subconscious is fairly free and posed no threat. If playful, even less of a threat. But large or aggressive and uncontrollable monkeys that appear threatening mean a subconscious that rules you.
The monkey is not totally divorced from the idea of the conscious intellect. A ‘strong’ monkey coupled with high intellect indicates that the person is likely to use their intellect to get what they want – a potentially cunning person, selfish and possibly ruthless in their pursuit of what they want.
Monkeys are not tempered by behavioural function, so they tend to live by their emotions. Monkeys can thus also be indicators of the emotions – thus a frightened monkey means that the emotion of fear is somehow holding you back.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Aurora Consurgens - 03 An allegory of disorder #016054
- Copan - Mayan - Overview and plan #011685
- Crowley - 10 Wheel of Fortune #007503
- Hobson, Dr Allan - The effects of a stroke 03 - A monkey mama is floating in the air in front of him #014250
- Krishna - Krishna stealing butter #024739
- Rops, Felicien - Monkey #010553
- Rops, Felicien - the Rocking horse #010544
- Tennyson, Alfred Lord - In Memoriam A H H - Arise and fly the reeling Faun #004604
- The Manuals of Taoist Sexual Practise – Joining Yin and Yang 02 #017849
- The Manuals of Taoist Sexual Practise – Talk on Supreme Guidance for the World 10 #017862
- Tulsidas - Vinaya Patrika 30 #017273