Some science behind the scenes
Three mile boots
A concept different from ‘Giant strides’ in that it is a physical ability as opposed to an out of body ability.
Through a process of training a person is able to both walk or run extremely long distances with little apparent effort and also appears to ‘skim’ over the surface of the ground, thus there is the ability to influence the environment by affecting the laws of gravity – a form of levitation, along with an ability to control the body’s functions such that it does not get tired.
The person is in a trance condition whilst doing this and is not aware of much that is going on. Tibetan Buddhists, Aztecs, Incas etc were all capable of this and there is some indication through myth and legend that many Celts and European shamanic societies were also capable of doing this before Christianity was introduced.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A P Elkin - Aboriginal men of high degree - Fast travelling
- Bouncing like a basketball
- Dickinson, Emily - I like to see it lap the miles, And lick the valleys up
- Fawcett, Lt Colonel Percival Harrison - Following his destiny
- Fawcett, Lt Colonel Percival Harrison - Seven mile boots
- Mary Magdalen de Pazzi – Levitating with three mile boots
- Whiteman, J H M a long walk in the woods and an easy re-entry