Symbols - What does heaven look like
Nuts share their symbolism with fruit.
All fruit where it has a stone in the centre, a fleshy layer and a skin is an alternative symbol for the Egg. It can also be an alternative symbol for the Atom because Atom and Egg are mirrors of each other.
The skin represents the Earth layer.
The kernel represents the Aether layer.
The soft fleshy part represents the combined water, air and fire levels.
Thus for example the Horse chestnut and the ‘conker’ is frequently used in symbolic tales because it so very closely matches the Egg – it even has little cones around its outer rim [the prickles].
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Julian of Norwich - He shewed me a little thing, the quantity of an hazel-nut
- Kabir - Student do the simple purification
- Kipling, Rudyard - Just So Stories - The Crab that Played
- Pauli, Wolfgang - Dreams of Rings, Circles, Eggs and Stars
- Saadi - The Gulistan of Sa‘di – 19 from The Morals of Dervishes
- Shakespeare, William - Hamlet
- Song of Solomon 6
- The Book of Taliesin - Buarch Beird - Llyfr Taliesin III
- Zohar - I 019b – The Universe shell and kernel