Symbols - What does heaven look like
Banner pennant or standard
Like a roll of cloth, the banner or pennant – a streaming piece of material is symbolic of spirit output.
This is why pageants held for knights often involved pennants and banners – a symbol of thoughts heading to the spiritual world – a sort of prayer via the pennant. As the energy is being output by us, it is symbolically red, which is why many pennants were red.
Title: Lady Affixing a Pennant to a Knight's Spear
Currently Held: Tate Gallery, London, England
By Elizabeth Siddall
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Describing the night and cognising the heart 02
- Nizami – Makhzanol Asrar (The Treasury of Mysteries) – from Discourse on the excellence of song
- Palenque - Mayan - Wall panels and inscriptions
- Schuré - The Great Initiates – 01 Reconstruction of an Initiation ceremony
- Von Stuck, Franz - 1891 Orpheus
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 03 2 The standards
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 04 The standards [continued]