Category: Illness or disabilities
Introduction and description
The correct medical name for cholesterol problems is dyslipidemia. Dyslipidemia is an 'abnormal' amount of lipids (e.g. cholesterol and/or fat) in the blood. In developed countries, most dyslipidemias are hyperlipidemias; that is, an elevation of lipids in the blood.
There is no definition as to what is normal, as such the term is, in reality, meaningless.
Cholesterol is an essential structural component of animal cell membranes. It is required to establish proper membrane permeability and fluidity. In addition to its importance within cells, cholesterol also serves as a precursor for the biosynthesis of steroid hormones, bile acids, and vitamin D. In effect, if we are in need of repair for any reason, then we should expect the cholesterol levels to be high.
High cholesterol is thus an indicator of other problems - a symptom and not a cause - see Endothelial dysfunction.
A detailed explanation of the absolutely essential role that cholesterol plays in the main reproductive hormones can be found in the descriptions for :
- Progesterone and progesterone imbalance [accessible via the progesterone section]
- Estrogen and estrogen imbalance
- Androgen and androgen imbalance
Without cholesterol, none of these hormones can be made, as all three use cholesterol as their raw material. Cholesterol deficiency is thus a very serious problem leading to infertility, macular degeneration, cataracts, impotence, PMS, lack of sex drive, loss of bone and osteoporosis, loss of muscle, and premature ageing.
The reproductive system largely governs whether we live or die. Once we have signalled we are unable to reproduce, nature starts the process of death. So cholesterol deficiency is a ticket to heaven - sooner rather than later.
How it works
see Blood circulatory system disease for a fuller description of this disease in context.
- D-Limonene: safety and clinical applications 020764
- Rye bread decreases serum total and LDL cholesterol in men with moderately elevated serum cholesterol 021416
- Antara 018003
- Australian survey of psychoses 006145
- Case study of stroke victim who heard her dead mother 012630
- Coenzyme Q10 018217
- Coq10 018221
- Tricor 015760
Wisdom, Inspiration, Divine love & Bliss
- Angell, Dr Marcia - The Epidemic of Mental Illness: Why? 012261
- Angell, Dr Marcia - The Illusions of psychiatry 012262