A term used in Neoplatonism and in certain 'New Age' literate to mean, analogously, the master software packages from which all the copies of the software which 'animates' physical things is produced.
Whereas the package developer is known as the One, the master package is known within this system as 'the Nous' and consists of the functions for all physical entities. The World soul is then the collection of all the copies of these archetypal master systems. For example, one master set of functions for border collies [nous], but millions of border collie implementations on each actual physical border collie [world soul].
In the corresponding Trinity of Mother, Father and Son, the Father is the Creator role [the One], the Mother is the Created role [the Nous]; and all the Sons is the World soul.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancient Egyptian - Isis as the Mother symbol
- Bhagavad Gita - All creatures exist in me
- Boehme, Jacob - Father and Son
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Cry of the hawk
- Gnostic Gospels - Philip - The Heavenly Man has many More sons than the earthly
- Huxley, Aldous - On Birth
- Michelangelo - 1508 Sistine Chapel - 08 Creation of the Sun and Moon
- Plato – Parmenides - Socrates questions the One and the Many
- Pordage, John - On God
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - An abstract Greek absurdity has crazed the man