Creation and destruction and the tarot
Many Tarot cards incorporate the concept of creation and destruction at all its different levels - species, companies, countries, cultures and individuals.
The Ouroboros as the symbol of creation and destruction is also often incorporated. Sometimes the cards show a wreath with the ends conjoined and in other cards an actual snake/serpent is shown. The meaning is the same. Some examples follow:
All the cards above and below show a wreath. The leaves have the appearance of the scales of a reptile. Thus the symbolism may be dual – the laurel wreath of achievement for the spiritual traveller coupled with the symbolism of destruction and creation, coalescence and dissolution.
The following cards are far more straightforward in their depiction…………
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Boehme, Jacob - Aurora - Contrast
- Crowley, Aleister - Book of Lies - The Ante Primal Triad
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 090 Section 8
- Lemaitre, Georges - The Primeval atom - The Laws of aggregation and repulsion
- Michelangelo - 1508 Sistine Chapel - 01 Symbolism
- Schulz, Charles - Change
- Zohar - III 288b - The Three heads