Symbols - What does heaven look like
Yet another symbol for the body - the soft soul wrapped in a layer. When Jesus was wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed in a manger he was symbolically being given a body and put in a symbolic boat or ark ready for the spiritual journey he had been given as part of his destiny.
The bonds uniting life and death, where man is concerned, are represented by swaddling clothes – echoed by the bandages that swaddle a corpse
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Ancestors, the - Art - Anthropomorphic Female Neolithic ceramic figurine
- Blake, William - Joy and woe are woven fine
- Blake, William - My roots are brandished in the heavens, my fruits in earth beneath
- Carlyle, Thomas - Sartor Resartus - The Centre of Indifference
- Rumi - Divani Shamsi Tabriz - This is Love: to fly heavenward
- Who Killed Cock Robin
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Mushaf as-suwar - 5th Book of Magnesia picture 8 - Resurrection