Symbols - What does heaven look like
The needle is yet another symbol of the Celestial pole.
If you look at the diagram of the celestial pole with its top just poking through into the aether level and the area of the Intelligence hierarchy, one can see that this entrance way is extremely narrow – the ‘eye of the needle’ referred to by Jesus.
“Mark 10:25 - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God”
Or to put it another way reaching your Higher spirit and enlightenment is easier for a camel than a rich man.
When the Princess in Sleeping Beauty pricks her finger on the needle of the spinning wheel she is symbolically becoming human - has acquired form and thus has ‘descended’ to the earth layer – a level where she symbolically ‘sleeps ‘ – see Sleeping Beauty.
There is added symbolism from threaded needles as once one has gone beyond the 'eye' one has gone out of body and the main thing that figuratively speaking keeps you attached to the recumbent body down below is a Thread or cord.
It may be helpful to read the description for the Camel to get some additional details on the needle.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Crowley - 2 High Priestess
- Hazlitt, William - The Indian Jugglers
- Jesus - Luke 18 - Rich men and camels
- Rumi - The Book of Love - This moment this love comes to rest in me
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 05 - 1 Wool and Water
- Through the Looking Glass - Ch 05 - 3 Feather feather!
- Watson, Lyall - Sacred wells and pools
- Who Killed Cock Robin
- Yeats, W B - Collected poems - A Needle's Eye