Symbols - What does heaven look like
Shamans who went in to a trance state through these spirit beings were said to be ‘ridden’ by the spirits – in effect, the spirit being became their guide.
Being ridden is not the same as Possession, there is a difference between being guided and being possessed.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- A P Elkin - Aboriginal men of high degree - Arnhem land initiation
- Cohen, Leonard - Alexandra leaving
- David-Neel, Alexandra – The god rides her and the pamos goes spinning
- Dr William Sargant – Voodoo in Haiti and being 'mounted' by the loa
- Dr William Sargant – Voodoo in Haiti and the possession of Lavinia Williams
- Dr William Sargant – Voodoo in Haiti. And their gods live in them and they live in their gods
- Dürer, Albrecht - Symbolism - St Christopher
- Hobstones farm
- Isle of Man - Ridden like a horse when out of body
- Jack and Jill
- Mircea Eliade - On horses
- Monroe, Robert - Meets a hob out of body
- Ross Heaven - Vodou, Hobs and the Loa
- Zosimos of Panopolis - The Mushaf as-suwar - 6th Book about the Nature, Book of Imuths