Symbols - What does heaven look like
Darts and javelins
Darts and javelins have exactly the same symbolism as the Arrow.
Apollo was also known as ‘far darter’, a dart being an alternative to an arrow.
Loving Homer as I do, I hardly like to say that in attributing these feelings to Achilles, or in believing that they are truly attributed to him, he is guilty of downright impiety. As little can I believe the narrative of his insolence to Apollo, where he says,
'Thou hast wronged me, O far-darter, most abominable of deities. Verily I would be even with thee, if I had only the power;'
The concept of going as fast or flying as fast as a dart gives us the English word darting about…
Homer – The Odyssey
This was what Minerva was already eager to bring about, so down she darted from off the topmost summits of Olympus.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Bowie, David - 1976 Station to station
- Michelangelo - 1534 Sistine Chapel - 03 Last Judgement
- Pythagoras - Iamblichus's Life - Weather control and predicting earthquakes
- Saint Columba - Eleanor C Merry - Battles the demons of disease
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 06 Movements of the attacking infantry
- War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness – 08 , 09 [part] The Battel (exhortation, trumpet signals)