Symbols - What does heaven look like
Justice - tarot card
If you turn for a moment to the section in the home page that deals with How to get to heaven, you will see that the main 'external' blocks to spiritual experience are:
You are driven by your own desires, by the external obligations that you have, by the threats you perceive with your 5 senses, nervous system, and autonomic system or the opportunities you perceive with your 5 senses, nervous system, and autonomic system.
- Desires and Opportunities - The removal of desires and opportunities requires Strength - another tarot card coupled with Temperance.
- Obligations and threats- the removal of obligations and threats is helped by Justice
The system in the tarot isn't complete in some senses because it doesn't cover threats of a more local nature. For example, if we eat something really nasty that might hurt us, we have effectively created an overwhelming threat [overload].
But the concept of justice does deal with the larger threats from others. If, for example, we create a legal system that really works then we have considerably reduced the threats [suppress].
In contrast, if we create a tax and legal system so complex we seem to spend all our time filling out forms and worrying about the outcome, we have increased our obligations to overload proportions [or at least the government has done], and in a sense it is a negation of justice; if we move to a country which is less bureaucratic and imposes few if any obligations, we are free of that worry [suppress] and there is more justice.
So the idea of Justice in the Tarot was intended to be a pointer to the type of system needed in any country where its populace seek spiritual experience, a system which helps to remove threats and at the same time minimises obligations.
I have provided more information on this idea in the section under Commonsteps called Justice, where I have provided some ideas for a better legal system. This common step is part of the overall activity of Reducing threats. In a sense therefore my system is perhaps a little more extensive tha that in the Tarot.
The activity of Suppressing obligations covers the other aspects within the overall concept of Justice in the Tarot.
For iPad/iPhone users: tap letter twice to get list of items.
- Crowley - 11 Adjustment #007505
- Jili, Abd al-Karim - Al-Kahf wa al-raqim - 160 Section 15 #013457
- Khan, Hazrat Inayat - The Art of Being and Becoming - On Good and evil, and justice #022000
- Khusrau, Amir - Ghazal 857 [extract] #020615
- Kings 7 - The Temple, Jachin and Boaz #007374
- Parmenides - On Nature - 01 #013834
- Plutarch – The Vision of Aridæus 03 #023780
- Rider-Waite - 11 Justice #007504