Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Pegaptanib sodium injection (brand name Macugen) is an anti-angiogenic medicine for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Common side effects of pegaptanib include
- Anterior chamber inflammation
- Raised intraocular pressure
- Punctate keratitis (small marks on the surface of the eye)
- Vitreous floaters (small particles or spots in the vision)
- Retinal damage (extremely adverse)
- Endophthalmitis (an infection inside the eye)
- Vitreous haemorrhage (bleeding inside of the eye)
On Jan, 6, 2016: 552 people reported to have side effects when taking Macugen. Among them, 1 people (0.18%) has Hallucination.
On Dec, 20, 2015: 552 people reported to have side effects when taking Macugen. Among them, 23 people (4.17%) have Death.
Time on Macugen when people have Death :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years|
The source of the experienceeHealthme
Concepts, symbols and science items
Activities and commonsteps
Eye disease treatments
Eye disease treatments - macular degeneration