Type of Spiritual Experience
A description of the experience
Inflamase forte is a trade name for Prednisolone a synthetic glucocorticoid, a derivative of cortisol, used to treat a variety of inflammatory and autoimmune conditions and some cancers. It is the active metabolite of the drug prednisone and is used especially in patients with liver failure, as these individuals are unable to metabolize prednisone into active prednisolone; it is primarily metabolized via the liver enzyme, 11-β-hydroxydehydrogenase Adverse effects are not generally seen with short term therapy, but weight gain, impaired immune response, and behavioral disturbances commonly occur with longer durations of treatment.
There are several adverse reaction from the use of prednisolone:
- Increase appetite, weight gain, nausea, and malaise
- Increase risk of infection
- Cardiovascular events in children
- Dermatological effects including reddening of face, bruising/ skin discoloration, impaired wound healing, thinning of skin, skin rash, fluid build up and abnormal hair growth
- Hyperglycemia; patients with diabetes may need increase insulin or diabetic therapies
- Menstrual abnormalities
- Less response to hormones especially during stressful instances such as surgery or illness.
- Change in electrolytes: rise in blood pressure, increase sodium and low potassium leading to alkalosis
- GI system effects: Swelling of stomach lining, reversible increase in liver enzymes and risk of stomach ulcers
- Muscular and skeletal abnormalities such as muscle weakness and loss, osteoporosis, long bone fractures, tendon rupture and back fractures.
- Neurological effects include involuntary movements (convulsions), headaches, and vertigo
- Behavioral disturbances
Nasal septum perforation and bowel perforation are also notable adverse effects . Withdrawal from prednisolone after long term or high dose use can lead to adrenal insufficiency.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Although there are no major human studies of prednisolone use in pregnant women, studies in several animals show that it may cause birth defects including increase cleft palate. Prednisolone is found in breast milk of mothers taking prednisolone.
On Jan, 2, 2016: 20 people reported to have side effects when taking Inflamase forte. Among them, 1 people (5.00%) has Hallucination.