Does heaven exist? With well over 100,000 plus recorded and described spiritual experiences collected over 15 years, to base the answer on, science can now categorically say yes. Furthermore, you can see the evidence for free on the website allaboutheaven.org.

Available on Amazon
also on all local Amazon sites, just change .com for the local version (.co.uk, .jp, .nl, .de, .fr etc.)


This book, which covers Visions and hallucinations, explains what causes them and summarises how many hallucinations have been caused by each event or activity. It also provides specific help with questions people have asked us, such as ‘Is my medication giving me hallucinations?’.

Available on Amazon
also on all local Amazon sites, just change .com for the local version (.co.uk, .jp, .nl, .de, .fr etc.)

Observations placeholder

Figs and warts [HPV]



Type of Spiritual Experience


Warts are caused by a viral infection, specifically by one of the many types of human papillomavirus (HPV). So this study established that figs have antiviral activity.

The fruit contains the latex, as such it would be interesting to see if the fruit also helped eradicate the cause - the virus - internally.  This case study only tested external application.

A description of the experience

Int J Dermatol. 2007 May;46(5):524-6.

Comparative study of fig tree efficacy in the treatment of common warts (Verruca vulgaris) vs. cryotherapy.

Bohlooli S1, Mohebipoor A, Mohammadi S, Kouhnavard M, Pashapoor S.

  • 1Pharmacology Department, School of Medicine, Ardabil University of Medical Sciences, Ardabil, Iran. shahab.bohlooli@arums.ac.ir

BACKGROUND: A traditional method for the treatment of warts in some rural areas of Iran comprises the use of fig tree (ficus carica) latex as a local treatment; however, there is no scientific evaluation of its efficacy.

METHODS:  A prospective, open right/left comparative trial of fig tree latex therapy vs. local standard of cryotherapy was carried out. Twenty-five patients with common warts were recruited into the study from an outpatient clinic. The patients were instructed in self-application of fig tree latex to warts on one side of the body. The wart on the opposite side was treated using standard cryotherapy. A 6-month follow-up study was planned.

RESULTS:  In 11 (44%) of the 25 patients complete resolution of fig tree latex-treated warts was observed. The remaining 14 patients (56%) had a complete cure following cryotherapy. Two patients had complete remission on both sides. Two patients failed to respond to either cryotherapy or fig tree latex. It was found that fig tree latex therapy was marginally less effective than cryotherapy. Adverse effects were observed only in cryo-treated warts. At the 6-month follow-up study there was an 18% recurrence rate.

CONCLUSION: Fig tree latex therapy of warts offers several beneficial effects including short-duration therapy, no reports of any side-effects, ease-of-use, patient compliance, and a low recurrence rate. The exact mechanism of the antiwart activity of fig tree latex is unclear but is likely to be the result of the proteolytic activity of the latex enzymes.

PMID: 17472688

The source of the experience


Concepts, symbols and science items



Science Items

Activities and commonsteps